methods of Bonsai display, book review

dick benbow

Omono
Reaction score
The book from the UK by Paul Goff made it across the pond in 10 days. nicely packaged there were no issues with having traveled all that distance.
It's soft cover and page size of 8" tall by 9 1/2 inches wide , fit nicely together for a total of 82. I'll be honest here and say from my first look at it's "half size", I was abit disappointed. that is, till I got into the content of the book. Well written with really helpful information, and the graphics were strong and easily understood. After absorbing the content, my opinion was totally turned around. Small, yes BUT mighty!
I think the author/artist has provided a helpful resource for those beginners and intermediate
students of display to draw from. I'm really glad to include it in my reference library. And could
honestly recommend it to all. I'm sure even those who consider themselves advanced would find a few things to make it worthwhile to add to their collection.
Paul has chosen to break the book down into seasons. The photos show each element in the display so that you can really grasp what is being said there. Should there be any question, the copy that accompanies the graphics quickly clears things up.
get the book, you won't be sorry. :)

Attachments

• IMG_2890.JPG
    IMG_2890.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_2891.JPG
    IMG_2891.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 25

dick benbow

Omono
Reaction score
In furthur communication with mr goff, I did learn for those who would desire a hardback cover, they are available. :)

dick benbow

Omono
Reaction score
Yes, a coupla years ago. Thanks for making sure.
I have a coupla books from japan translated, and this one from the UK is also interesting because it gives an insight into localized special holidays and local customs. All of which i find interesting.

Top Bottom