Music Stuff

Crawforde

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
And it’s moving along.
I strung it up and have been making noise with it.
i borrowed my daughter's wireless doohickey bought a used mini quilter amp and built a cab.
the acoustic sound isn’t bad, just quiet, the piezos seem to have some issues, I’ve ordered an impedance matching transformer.
I think I know how to do it better next time.

Attachments

• C956CDD5-8FFE-429B-8BE3-9F7B18A5D3B3.jpeg
    C956CDD5-8FFE-429B-8BE3-9F7B18A5D3B3.jpeg
    87.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
And it’s moving along.
I strung it up and have been making noise with it.
i borrowed my daughter's wireless doohickey bought a used mini quilter amp and built a cab.
the acoustic sound isn’t bad, just quiet, the piezos seem to have some issues, I’ve ordered an impedance matching transformer.
I think I know how to do it better next time.
THAT IS EPIC!!!!!

Crawforde

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Yep.
Awesome
But I’ll try and start by looking at a human, not a superhuman play. I don’t think this will slap with the low tension tape wound strings on it but I don’t know.
I have been looking at some tutorials, trying to learn where the notes are get a decent blues progression into my ears and fingers.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Yep.
Awesome
But I’ll try and start by looking at a human, not a superhuman play. I don’t think this will slap with the low tension tape wound strings on it but I don’t know.
I have been looking at some tutorials, trying to learn where the notes are get a decent blues progression into my ears and fingers.
Victor Wooten also lectures on the beauty of simplicity when playing bass.

There was a couple good tunes I heard recently for TEACHING beginning-intermediate bass..

Let's see.. it was "What a fool believes" By The Doobie Brothers

"When I come around" by Green Day

And "Socio" by Stone Sour.

Nothing too crazy.. while teaching you some rhythmic right AND left-hand nuances that make a rounded player..

Your plucking/slapping/picking hand/wrist is WAY more important than your fret-hand.

🥸

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Yep.
Awesome
Blues licks on bass follow the Minor Pentatonic, mostly.

So.. hang on..

As far as your Bass Edu-macation.. are we startin' at baseline?.. or do you have some stringed experience?

Baseline is BETTER.. can avoid some "muscle-memory pitfalls" locked in early. :)

Crawforde

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
The only muscle memory I’m likely to have right now are the patterns I’ve been working on, major scales and 1,3,5s.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
The only muscle memory I’m likely to have right now are the patterns I’ve been working on, major scales and 1,3,5s.
Perfect! Gain some fluency there!
Sounds like you know where to start..

Start practicing slapping now.. it's one of those things.. that.. "the secret" can't be taught.. it can be explained to DEATH... but, just like Tremelo picking, the learner will have an "a-HA!" moment, where this ONE crucial detail in your process falls into place.

It's all in your recoil, wrist, and muting..

Check out the "My name is Mud" tab.. it's SO simple.. it's the technique that is the driving dynamic..

It IS on a 5 string.. but playing that same riff is a good "exercise" even starting on the E..

I believe that main riff part, that you'd want to learn, is only like three notes..

Just when you mute your slap..
it... it.. "KA-whEppa"s 😂 so it sounds like more.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Found some Youtube videos of a show I played When I was MUCH younger... and MUCH more... "under the influence"...

The sound quality for the vocals is SHIT.. but discernible..

But if anyone is interested.. I will post them up.

Top Bottom