My mame thread

aml1014

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I put the hard bend on this oak so it could join the club. Repotted today. I got it for free from a nursery last fall where it was pretty much growing in solid clay, hopefully it likes the new soil better.

View attachment 134779
My silver maple has finally hardened off its first set of leaves and they're tiny!20170304_072953.jpg 20170304_073001.jpg 20170304_073007.jpg
Now I just need to figure out the internode length thing:rolleyes:

Aaron

aml1014

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I was able to take 11 flowering almonds from my work this spring. One is definitely mame material, others are shohin. I'll start a thread for the the keepers soon.20170312_102735.jpg 20170312_102745_002.jpg
Almost bloom time. I think it was @Giga who has a few of these too, any tips on training would be awsome!

Aaron

aml1014

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Lookin good Aaron, nice pot too!

No tips on care etc, but I did make a couple of quick virts:

View attachment 136128 View attachment 136129

I hope you like it.
I really like the second one, thanks!
That's kinda what I was thinking about going for.
At least I've been caring for these things for 3 years at the nursery so I know the horticulture behind caring for them in my climate.

Aaron

Giga

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
I was able to take 11 flowering almonds from my work this spring. One is definitely mame material, others are shohin. I'll start a thread for the the keepers soon.View attachment 136116 View attachment 136117
Almost bloom time. I think it was @Giga who has a few of these too, any tips on training would be awsome!

Aaron

In a pot they need to be super protected from harsh weather in winter- they can lose branches at the drop of the hat in the cold.

aml1014

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
In a pot they need to be super protected from harsh weather in winter- they can lose branches at the drop of the hat in the cold.
Thanks, we did get significant die back at the nursery when they were exposed, these all got hit with borers in 2015 and I spent 2016 treating with systemics and removing blossoms in spring. Many of the trunks have damage from the attack so I was free to take em. Definitely need to keep an eye on borer activity.

Aaron

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
That almond is the dopest.

Let me point something out.....
Not to insult...but to help newbs and us understand....

You asked...
any tips on training would be awsome!

And received...

Which as stated you already knew in...
At least I've been caring for these things for 3 years at the nursery so I know the horticulture behind caring for them in my climate.

Which I found contradictory to this...
any tips on training would be awsome!

Because once you know their care, training is just a matter of applying hort to your vision.

Which brings me to this...
I really like the second one

I do too!

So I guess I just don't understand what you mean by "tips on training..."

But also....
And this is for the newbs....

Don't discount the importance of understanding the horticulture....
And how easy it is to bring a vision to life with its application.

If that makes sense....
If not.....

Run tell your Mame!

Sorce

aml1014

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
That almond is the dopest.

Let me point something out.....
Not to insult...but to help newbs and us understand....

You asked...

And received...

Which as stated you already knew in...

Which I found contradictory to this...

Because once you know their care, training is just a matter of applying hort to your vision.

Which brings me to this...

I do too!

So I guess I just don't understand what you mean by "tips on training..."

But also....
And this is for the newbs....

Don't discount the importance of understanding the horticulture....
And how easy it is to bring a vision to life with its application.

If that makes sense....
If not.....

Run tell your Mame!

Sorce
I guess i was mainly asking about flowers (which I didn't specify anything about lol) I assume they are like most prunus is that they set flower buds on the tips of new growth in autumn, meaning, I more then likely cannot prune past mid-late summer if I want blooms. I should've specified lol

Aaron

aml1014

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Glad it's been!

Plus...it's not like you don't have a thousand trees to repot or anything!

Sorce
Lol 320 is the number right now. The fiancé and I are having a pretty bad rough patch right now so I might be thinning my collection in the near future, I just hope we can work things out!:(:oops:

Aaron

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Lol 320 is the number right now. The fiancé and I are having a pretty bad rough patch right now so I might be thinning my collection in the near future, I just hope we can work things out!:(:oops:

Aaron

A few thoughts.....

Humans can overcome everthing but cheating...
Folks who think things are cool after that are kiddding themselves.

Brother....

You are young.

Let the bird fly!

Sorce

aml1014

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
A few thoughts.....

Humans can overcome everthing but cheating...
Folks who think things are cool after that are kiddding themselves.

Brother....

You are young.

Let the bird fly!

Sorce
Luckily it wasn't cheating, just a few consecutive weeks of arguing over stupid shit that caused this. You know, I don't have many friends, and even though I've never met you, I consider you a friend. Thank you sorce.

Aaron

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score

Aaron
What do you spend more time with, your trees or fiance'? Just remember, you can't snuggle with a tree, on a cold night. (Well, I guess you could, but that would be whole other issue) :rolleyes:. Best of luck, hope you work things out.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Luckily it wasn't cheating, just a few consecutive weeks of arguing over stupid shit that caused this. You know, I don't have many friends, and even though I've never met you, I consider you a friend. Thank you sorce.

Aaron

Sounds like "the usual"!

I been in A constant state of "arguing" for 15 years!

But we have also been in a constant state of "growing as individuals"...
Which leads to "growing together"!

And most important, I believe the love making only gets better over time.

Practice!

Sorce

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
having a pretty bad rough patch
I'm no marriage counselor, but with 33 years in, I have some experience. (I was a child bride;)) Sometimes it takes a rough patch, to really realize what you have. And you will appreciate her even more. Put down your shears, and go take a walk with her

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
go take a walk with her

Yes!

Right on down to that spot you'se were hanging out swinging your legs off that cliff....

I think of that image a lot, and all I see is a couple kids that SHOULD make it for the long haul!

Sorce

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Your 22.....avoid the hassle and move on. Your both too young to settle down. And you'll most likely be an altogether different person in ten years, her as well.

Neither of you will be able to grow as a person. Try to stay friends, though.....you never know, she could be the "one"

Of course, if your finances are intertwined that makes things a lot more difficult.

In the interest of full disclosure, ex-manwhore here....so take my advice in small doses.....;):D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Reaction score
I really like the second one, thanks!
That's kinda what I was thinking about going for.

Aaron

Ha, glad you like em.
I take this as you mean training as in design and stuff nay?

Good luck with the miss man! Do some romantic stuff!

Top Bottom