My newbie collection

impulsebuyer

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Hi All,

New to the forum here, just wanted to share some stuff here and maybe get suggestions/opinions from everyone.

Thanks!

Juniper from a nursery, found this guy along the very edge of the nursery in a neglected area but it looked good and I liked the natural cascade effect it had:

This one I actually bought at a farmers market kind of a generic looking bonsai... but I really liked the shape of it:

Kinkan Fruit Tree my mom had, not sure if she planted these from a seed or took cuttings, not sure where I wanna go here and these trees develop brutal thorns all over so for now I'm just letting it grow unabated:

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
#1 would make a great cascade, and #2 a good windswept, #3 can be a broom, BUT BUT BUT thats just me, it should be left to you and your vision of those trees, and then left to us all on how we interpret your VISION. Good Luck!

bonsai barry

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Your junipers' trunks have interesting shapes. However, in my opinion, the branches are too close in size to the trunk, giving it a shrub-like appearance. My suggestions would be to encourage foliage to grow closer to the trunk and cut back the branches once it has done so.

Top Bottom