My Nicest pot to date

IMG_1588.JPG IMG_1589.JPG IMG_1590.JPG IMG_1592.jpg IMG_1593.jpg

This is an Antique Chinese pot also. No makers mark but a hand written mark that references the Third era of the Ching Dynasty (1850-1885). The polished feet and the interior of the pot show the original color and the brownish red it has become. I'm starting to really like old pots.

IMG_1710.JPG IMG_1711.jpg IMG_1712.JPG

The two most recent... the first is a Wazyaku with a special inscription. These pots are generally carved out of a slab of clay. The second is a Hokido. I bought it specifically for this shimpaku. Hope the sizes match up when I get to the roots. IMG_0143.JPG

You do have a thing for blue and white design pots. :) My major issue with them is finding the tree to "fit" them. Blue and white doesn't go with many of my trees.

On this specific pot, you don't want to let a tree get too rootbound in it because of that inward overhang on the lip. They are extremely hard to lift a tree from.

Blue and White pots are the same as using colorful pots. Flowering varieties probably work best. The little lip on these is not too bad for repotting it's the pots with the fat swollen sidewall that are difficult to deal with. One of these Gekkou pots is for a tree, the other is a work of art in my home office!!

Just a fantastic collection, Terry.
I wonder how many of us are beating each other to Matt’s sales pitch!! That being said I’ve never seen a posting of a pot I wish I had gotten to first. at least on b-but.

Nice blog site Terry. This Sara Rayner pot is cool, and I recently found one similar. I haven’t seen much of her porcelain work, nor this glaze.
Yours:
View attachment 182231
Mine:
View attachment 182230

This is one of my favorite pots of hers. I showed it to her and asked her to bring it back!! She does some porcelain work but it's more like this the two yellow pots on the page or the red pot you see with the little maple. She appreciated my enthusiasm but said those pots are old and a few kilns ago. She might not be able to reproduce it. If I ever found blue pots like that of hers, I would snatch them up.

In fact I'd offer to buy yours if it wasn't so much like mine!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom