Mystery seedling; anyone recognize?

wsteinhoff

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
When I planted tamarind seeds there was one that looked different than the others. It was hard and round and the same size but instead of a spherical shape it was more of a flat circle. The seeds came from treeseeds.com and I looked through all their tropical trees on their website and looked at seed and seedling photos of those trees with no luck. I'm assuming it's tropical since it was mixed with tropical seeds and germinated with no stratification. It's obviously not a tamarind which are just now starting to germinate so they can be compared. Whatever it is is extremely quick growing. I thought the trident maples were quick but that's nothing compared to this mystery plant. The first photo shows the tall mystery seedling next to the first tamarind to germinate which came up the day after the mystery one. I will continue to search for a match but I thought I'd check here too.

20170501_154639.jpg

20170501_154645.jpg

20170501_154710.jpg

Yep that's it! Thanks! The seed and seedling matches photos and seed company has Japanese and Chinese wisteria on their website.

Yep that's it! Thanks! The seed and seedling matches photos and seed company has Japanese and Chinese wisteria on their website.

Hmm, let it grow some more. Wisteria is at least a zone 9 ------------ Not Tropical
must winter rest or it will die.

Tropical type ---------- look up Petrea v. Same hanging display, but tropical.
Good Day do
Anthony

* Have fun with the Tamarind, you can reset the root, by cutting a 1/2 " under the cotyledon, apply
rooting hormone and re-plant.
The tree will then be able to Mame' [ under 6" ] easily.

Back
Top Bottom