One more slender bald cypress

StarGazer

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
@EddyFern, I think you are capturing well your inspiration tree. I really like the bald cypresses in northern and central Florida's springs and swamps, they are magical. Do you use copper or aluminum for your bald cypresses? Also, can you wire bald cypress in the summer? Is there a preferred time of the year for BC wiring? I have one in early development and was thinking about wiring next spring before bud breaks as I do with Larches.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
@EddyFern, I think you are capturing well your inspiration tree. I really like the bald cypresses in northern and central Florida's springs and swamps, they are magical. Do you use copper or aluminum for your bald cypresses? Also, can you wire bald cypress in the summer? Is there a preferred time of the year for BC wiring? I have one in early development and was thinking about wiring next spring before bud breaks as I do with Larches.
Hi. I use aluminum wire, partly because it’s more readily available to me. I also think it’s flexible and soft enough to use aluminum.

I would say that late winter/early spring (like the larch) is a good time. Mid summer is also a good time to wire. Watch the wire closely in the fall for biting, as the branches swell quickly at that time.
Good luck!

Top Bottom