Pacific Bonsai Museum Job

Deep Sea Diver

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Since I work at PBM as a weekly volunteer for over four years now, I can attest this job is well worth it if one is interested in bonsai and/or coming up in the horticultural industry.

Not only does one get paid, health insurance and a positive work environment with incredible bonsai, they will also get continuous on the job bonsai care, styling, display and a wide variety of other training from an incredible bonsai professional, Aarin Packard.

Aarin likes to keep a lower profile than most professionals, but he is incredibly innovative, loves to push the envelope, and has demonstrated a mastery of a wide range of styles and displays. His constant development of incredible exhibits is second to none.

Since volunteering at PBM, both my better half and I have improved our personal practice by leaps and bounds under his tutelage. Frankly I can’t possibly say too much about Aarin and the entire PBM organization.

Frankly I would respond to the job offer myself if I didn’t have to drive down from way up north.

Anyways, thought I’d just put my oar in the water.

cheers
DSD sends

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Boo, I'm over qualified and I can't afford that pay cut unless housing is provided. That's $480 a week before taxes/deductions

Coppersdad

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Boo, I'm over qualified and I can't afford that pay cut unless housing is provided. That's $480 a week before taxes/deductions
You don't really want to know what the housing costs are here. This is a heavy tech area and the pay has driven the housing costs out of sight.
I volunteer at PBM. It is an incredible learning environment!

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
You don't really want to know what the housing costs are here. This is a heavy tech area and the pay has driven the housing costs out of sight.
I volunteer at PBM. It is an incredible learning environment!
I volunteer at a permanent collection too. It's a great way to apply advanced skills to beautiful trees and still be able to retire!

Coppersdad

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I volunteer at a permanent collection too. It's a great way to apply advanced skills to beautiful trees and still be able to retire!
When I first started this crazy journey. Someone (I wish I could remember who) advised me that if I wished to be able to create beautiful bonsai, I should only study beautiful bonsai. That may be the best advice I've ever had concerning bonsai...🤔
It's truly a gift for those of us who live near a permanent collection or are able to travel to one.

Top Bottom