Peter Adam's Mystery Fertilizers

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I'm with jkl on the leaf burn thing.

Hornbeams are understory trees. They live naturally in full shade and thrive.

Bretts, are your trees staying in a shaded area where the only direct sun they get comes in across the horizon for an hour or two after sun rise and an hour or two as the sun goes down?

Any tree I have that starts showing signs of leaf burn goes in a completely shaded location until it recovers and from then on it lives there. I don't mean dark shade. I mean the kind of shade you get when in a wooded area, with gaps in the tree canopy that move with the wind and as the sun moves.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Phostrogen will increase the rate of scintillation in a Geiger-Muller tube,i'm thinking phosphatic rock.

Klytus, If you put two gerainium diodes in the pot at opposite ends and charge them every three days with an alternating current 3V battery it completely stops the scintillation.

Klytus

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I have the Germanium diodes and several Oscillators but how many Hertz?

Should i enclose the experiment in a Beryllium shell?

I was thinking about theses cakes and Breakfast Cereals sprang to mind,usually fortified with vitamins,minerals,Iron and even folic acid.

Could Shreddies or Cornflakes or Cocopops be used i wonder?

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I have the Germanium diodes and several Oscillators but how many Hertz?

Should i enclose the experiment in a Beryllium shell?

I was thinking about theses cakes and Breakfast Cereals sprang to mind,usually fortified with vitamins,minerals,Iron and even folic acid.

Could Shreddies or Cornflakes or Cocopops be used i wonder?

The interesting thing about this system is that it was conceived before Heinrich Hertz was born so you don't need any of them. No shell of any kind needed but be sure and pull one of the geranium diodes out before sticking your finger in the soil to check moisture. There are a lot of bonsai enthusiasts with very straight hair that forgot.

Seeing that you claim England as a home base I would think Weatabits would be most productive. And they don't have the salt load that Cocopops do.

And I think we need to put an end to this so the intentions of the thread can continue uninterrupted. We can take it to the Scientific thread.

Last edited:
Top Bottom