pine and conifer seedling training

marc206

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
I've been looking online and cannot find a lot of information about training young conifer seedlings. Wiring and pruning.

pwk5017

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6/7
This has been popping up with quite a bit of popularity. First off, this forum has had a few threads concerning younger pine stock, so search those out. Second, brent at evergreen gardenworks has a few articles on training pines from seedlings to older stock. He covers the principles very well--guy has been doing it forever. Next, Jonas at bonsai tonight(blog) has quite a few posts on the topic. All those resources should give you a considerable bit of knowledge.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Jonas at Bonsai Tonight just recently did a few posts about JBP training and starting from seedlings.

http://bonsaitonight.com/

Also check out Lindsey Far's "World of Bonsai" on youtube. There is a whole episode where he visits an entire bonsai village and it shows lots of very valuable JBP training techniques and methods.

marc206

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
I've already seen those sites, a lot of valuable information. But I like bonsai tonight's approach with pictures and words. only if evergreengardenworks had pictures or illustrations to go with the words. I'd be able to visualize exactly what they talking about.

Top Bottom