Please Help Teach

pbowwow

Seed
Reaction score
I got this bonsai a few weeks ago and I'd like to get into this hobby more but need some help.

Upon doing research I learned my first mistake was keeping it indoors...it is now outside in sun (west facing). Unfortunately, it was a cheaper plant in one of those pots with glued in rocks. Should I do anything or repot it? Should I wait until it bounces back some (currently leaves are starting to brown).

I believe it is a common juniper bonsai but would love help identifying. :)

Attachments

• IMG_4371.jpg
    IMG_4371.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 46

BrianBay9

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Welcome. First off, put your general location in your profile. It will help people give you more useful advice.

First off, removed the glued on rocks if you haven't already. If water then drains rapidly through the pot (does the pot have holes in the bottom?) then don't do anything until you see the tree growing strongly again. Keep it in partial shade (east side is better than west side right now) until it recovers. Water only when the soil starts to dry out a bit, but don't let it go completely dry.

Unfortunately, many of these plants are dead or mostly dead by the time they are purchased. Junipers can look green for quite some time after they are past the point of no return. So you just need to watch and wait. The good news is you've become interested in a great hobby and there are many trees out there to replace a failed attempt. We have all killed trees. Most of us continue to kill trees. If that happens to you, don't let it get you down.

Cheers
Brian

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Welcome to Crazy!

Is the glass pretty or is what's in the glass pretty?

Sorce

Top Bottom