Please Share your Photos

Japonicus

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
There's a couple really dizzying/overwhelming shots there!

I like it!
follow up on that...Exactly. Exactly!
This must be why I often have genuine nightmares where I usually, or someone else is driving on a god awful stretch of road,
and we lose it in a curve but I wake before impact. It's really hair raising, though I've seen videos in worse places.

Then, to think they hold high speed races up this mountain every year.
Your brain has to adapt to the rise in elevation quickly behind the wheel too, or else...
I like videos like this and there are some good ones out there of the Pikes Peak Hill Climb...
...but just after a few slides around the corners I have to shut it down BC I know what it makes me dream.
Just entering Pikes Peak race or Pikes Peak Hill Climb into the search field on YouTube results in thumbnails
of what my nightmares consist of at the point where I wake up, so if you're a roller coaster junkie, you'll love
watching videos of the race up the mountain.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I drove TWO ways through WV.. One was I-64.. only got "nervous" on some of those lil' one lane man-made mountain pass/roads that they direct you through whilst performing road work. But THAT was a tremendously scenic drive.. I-64, as a whole, is the most extravagantly beautiful stretches of highway that I've been on.. but seems a touch.. Touristy.. and the "mega-highway" aspect creates rolling road to scenery ..
Y'might get a little carsick..

Trying to figure..

Out..

EXAAACTLY...

Which way issss..

Up!
😂😂😂😂

Now the SECOND way I drove through, was so thoroughly "sink-or-swim" oriented... jumping in faith.. and seeking out the help/courtesy of others... Those big "Hill Boys" had NO idea what I say the first/second time!! it was GREAT... We drove through some fairly poor, mountain areas too.. which to the untrained eye seemed intimidating. But WV has the most polite people (If i'm broad swinging) of my travels, so far.

But after that second drive through...

...I'ain't scurred'a'drahvin' NO(h)whaahre!

🤪🤪🤪

Last edited:

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
follow up on that...Exactly. Exactly!
This must be why I often have genuine nightmares where I usually, or someone else is driving on a god awful stretch of road,
and we lose it in a curve but I wake before impact. It's really hair raising, though I've seen videos in worse places.

Then, to think they hold high speed races up this mountain every year.
Your brain has to adapt to the rise in elevation quickly behind the wheel too, or else...
I like videos like this and there are some good ones out there of the Pikes Peak Hill Climb...
...but just after a few slides around the corners I have to shut it down BC I know what it makes me dream.
Just entering Pikes Peak race or Pikes Peak Hill Climb into the search field on YouTube results in thumbnails
of what my nightmares consist of at the point where I wake up, so if you're a roller coaster junkie, you'll love
watching videos of the race up the mountain.
Just watched the video and changed my reaction!

That's intense.. looks FUN!

..as long as I'm alone in the car.... I drive like a carful of bitchin'(good way) elderly on their way to the Salon whilst my family is riding with.

Last edited:

Japonicus

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Another wild road (to me having been over it 3 times I think) of the West in Colorado
1643077996409.png
(not my picture)
...but these and larger signs appear for a few miles before the point of no return.

These next pics I did take...
1643078683316.jpeg
1643078730003.jpeg

This pic I've shared before, but fits into the location of the road down into Aspen, where we took pics of the Maroon Bells mountains.

1643078588372.jpeg
then a random pic of us at a wolf preserve feeding 2 yr old wolf pups.

Attachments

• 1643079294033.jpeg
    1643079294033.jpeg
    136.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
These pics were on a camera that was stolen from my wife car in our driveway
so I assume she took them.
View attachment 417458
There's a glacier in the mountain, but I've forgotten which spot it is now.

View attachment 417459
That's Jenny Lake at the moment we were there.
Those pictures....

Incredible.

atlarsenal

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
This is a screenshot from a live webcam a friend of mine recently told me about. It is at Berry College about 40 miles from my house. They have had this nest for 10 years and the webcam going for 9 years and I’m just now finding out about it. 😏 here is the website also. https://www.berry.edu/eaglecam/
A2A44F75-EE91-4749-814D-85DE70BC80EA.png

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Jasper wanted to see the "Ice cliffs".. I said, "Oooh you mean "Crag"?... He's a good guy!"

He gave me a courtesy chuckle.032BAB43-BB81-485B-A4AA-0A037FA60120.jpeg451595CF-D719-4186-8AF8-58498FE01AE7.jpeg4CF34C0C-18B4-4C0D-9039-3D14FF6EEB52.jpeg

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
This is a screenshot from a live webcam a friend of mine recently told me about. It is at Berry College about 40 miles from my house. They have had this nest for 10 years and the webcam going for 9 years and I’m just now finding out about it. 😏 here is the website also. https://www.berry.edu/eaglecam/
View attachment 418500
That lil one is bigger, now!!

This is great!

Thank you for sharing.

Top Bottom