Pocket Knives

If you enjoy traditional patterns I'd check out great eastern cutlery. By far they are the best active production company of traditional patterns. Quality is top notch but is more expensive then say case or queen knives. I have a decent collection of both traditional and modern knives. I'll post some pics when I can. Barlows are definitely my favorite traditional pattern.

I have a old butterfly knife, and know a few tricks :) No picture.

20151114_123703_zpsmtb6um0y.jpg

DSC_0427_zpsqne5riwp.jpg

Last edited:
I love the jigged bone knives

That is some good quality knifes you got there Smoke. There sure is something about a old school pocket knife. To this day I always have one with me...
WoW this brings back beautiful memories. I used to collect knifes since I was a kid. Then I slowly started playing with making some. Mostly junk from old saw blades. I got better in time and actually made some quality stuff. Did that for about 10 years. Made some good money to... Sadly got no photos. (that was in the days before cellphones :D) I've stopped now for around 15 years but still think of starting again.
While I was living in SA I taught a good friend to make knifes to. When I moved to NZ he really got into it and took it to the next level really. He sent me photos regularly, and it is top class stuff....
This one he made when after Nelson Mandela died. He said to me he actually started it while the big man was still alive...The bling consists of ruby, black diamonds, gold and more (its all in the writing on the box). When we last spoke (my friend sadly died suddenly a while ago) my friend said to me he has been offered R 1 000 000 (thats SAn Rands) for it....

IMG-20140217-WA0004.jpg IMG-20140217-WA0000.jpg IMG-20140217-WA0003.jpg IMG-20140217-WA0005.jpg View attachment 86578IMG-20140217-WA0002_1.jpg

Last edited:
I love the jigged bone knives
The 2 on the left are stag. The middle ones are a delrin boker and a bone boker. While the bone boker looks pretty new its actually almost 60 years old. Most of em are from Great Eastern Cutlery as limited production runs. The red jigged bone one is among my favorite but I may end up selling it to fund my bonsai expenditures haha.

I collect interesting things but they have to be vintage or older.

Hey, sorry to go off topic but you collect bottles too right?

Thought I'd ask since it turns out that my back hillside that I'm trying to turn into garden space was a bit of a dump site at some point. I was digging up old bottles last summer, no idea of the age, less than 100 yrs probably from the history of the town.
Is something like this old and interesting? Any characteristics I should watch for when I find one?image.jpgimage.jpg

Love finding stuff like that. When its dug up it turns to "new" again...;) One man's garbage is another's treasure !!!

Back
Top Bottom