Procumbens

BonsaiWes

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hello,

This is my first tree purchase in over a year, a 3gal. procumbens I got for under 10 bucks. I couldn't resist the deal. Tree is current 9" tall and trunk is 1" diam, shohin. I gave it a training pot last Sunday and I decided I like this as the front, if it is still growing in a few months I will style a bit more on it.

Attachments

• procumb1.JPG
    procumb1.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 80

Ashbarns

Mame
Reaction score
Looks very healthy Wes and the potential for a very nice shohin. Keep us posted on its progression.

Ash :D

grog

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Is there some reverse taper going on or is that a result of the 2d view? If it is reverse taper are there any other fronts/potting angles that would minimize its impact?

Excellent deal on it regardless. :D

BonsaiWes

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Depends on your def of reverse taper, the tree is slightly spiraled and the bark is a bit more spongey/bubbled further up. In person you would have to be looking for it to notice it, if viewing from the right or back it looks the same diam all the way through. If the tree is around long enough (knock on wood) bark flaking, development of nebari etc.. should resolve this. Plus the bark is alot smoother towards the bottom since it was below soil level until this past week, I think it will resolve it's self. So in a nutshell, yes the tree has reverse taper..for now.

Top Bottom