Red Maple Rescue?

piper

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
EDT
Hello all - New to the site and excited to learn from you! This red maple has been in my yard for a number of years and just won't thrive. Above the cut there was about 6 feet of tree with no leaves at all so I knew it was on the way out. My hope is it will survive and I can work with what remains. Appreciate any direction you can provide.
Thank you!
Craig
Red Maple.jpg

Yes but that soil doesn't look good.

I dug it up from the yard and in order to avoid complete shock I used new top soil mixed with sand - gave it a good wetting when this pic was taken.

Can you provide some thoughts/ideas so i can be successful? Thanks for you response.
Craig

I would bare root it and fill with a soil composed of pumice pine bark and DE (diatomaceous earth). Then place in a shady spot with a clear bag over it. I have been successful saving a few maple and oaks this season with this method.

I would bare root it and fill with a soil composed of pumice pine bark and DE (diatomaceous earth). Then place in a shady spot with a clear bag over it. I have been successful saving a few maple and oaks this season with this method.

Thanks for the insight Jason. Appreciate the feedback.
Craig

Back
Top Bottom