Remove a large branch on Scots pine?

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Late to the party, but glad you decided to keep the lower left branch, removing it would make your tree too symmetrical for me.

However, I agree with Mr Martin on not covering too much of the lower trunk (like you did).

And also agree with others about the top right being too heavy and distracting, looks like you kinda helped that but last pic is really hard to see.

Mike Corazzi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
You don’t want to pull the branch in front of the trunk. At least not to where it obscures it.Having a view of the trunk is essential. You can direct a small branch to hide a bit of the trunk said:
I sort of agree. I may pull it back or most likely snip some off.
I don't tremendously like the leanback trunk and am trying to point that limb at the roots which is my "feature."
Other than drastically chopping on the right, I can't see a way to get the mass lighter.
I did take it ....down... quite a bit with some new wiring.
I think it may show better this fall after I nip off some flyaway twigs that now are too long but want to take advantage of the root feeding they can do.
It's not "finished." :)

Perhaps when I get it fully shaped into the literati style...... uh..... 🤪

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
You're right about the picture.;)

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Two question/suggestions? How about if branch left limb descends from is removed/stop pulling lower branch downward so can return to normal position? And like roots telling story of long life on eroding hillside however what if tree angle was leaned right so about 1/2-or so of roots submerged in substrate;)? Perhaps some roots other side raised up at same time?

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'm just scanning the background for windmills.

Sorce

Top Bottom