Repotting early

BISTEK

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I repotted some of my old chinese elm and zelkova yesterday. I heard it is safe to do this even before the bud breaks out. Our temperature now ranges from high 60s to low 40s. I did not really did to much raking on the roots so just not to disturb the roots. Hopefully I didn't made a bad decision. Any comments and inputs appreciated,

Shibui

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9?
It is probably a bit warmer through winter down here but I start repotting trident maples from mid winter - well before any buds start to swell.
As long as the roots don't freeze solid the trees should be just fine. They'll just sit and wait for the warmer weather and then start to grow.

BISTEK

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
No I just trimmed most some of the thick roots but not bareroot.

TN_Jim

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I repotted some of my old chinese elm and zelkova yesterday. I heard it is safe to do this even before the bud breaks out. Our temperature now ranges from high 60s to low 40s. I did not really did to much raking on the roots so just not to disturb the roots. Hopefully I didn't made a bad decision. Any comments and inputs appreciated,
low 40’s I repot houseplants and leave them outside

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
My first thought was wow!, they look so practical and sturdy, and very easy to set up. They look like they will do exactly what they are intended to do and will look better covered with plants.
The do look a bit commercial to me though.

LittleDingus

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Are those metal ends commercial? Where did find them?

I really like the looks of them :)

Here's a related thread

where it is mentioned they come from Shirleys Simple Shelving

There are other options. Since you need to supply the wood, they seem a little pricey :( I do like the looks of them though...

weetree3

Yamadori
Reaction score
Here's a related thread

where it is mentioned they come from Shirleys Simple Shelving

There are other options. Since you need to supply the wood, they seem a little pricey :( I do like the looks of them though...
They look great. Customer service is good too.

Top Bottom