ROR Fig - Trash or more time?

bonsaidave

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Just think of how it will look when the bark gets some age to it. Nice.

Jeremy

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
So despite the general consensus of the good folk here to retain those 2 horizontal roots, I couldn't stop looking at them and they had to go. I had to get this tree out of that small pot as it lost its vigour and it will now serve it's purpose in letting the tree run to heal the new wounds. It's evident that the apex area has become too tall and will need reduction once winter is over. Probably looks exaggerated too as the first few branches are still being grown out for thickness. It may just come together in due time...For now my sole intent is to get the first branch in proportion with the trunk and then rework everything elseIMAG1459.jpg

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Even if it eats the rock up completely, it is still an awesome base. I hope I can get as base this nice before I have to give it up.

Jeremy

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Even if it eats the rock up completely, it is still an awesome base. I hope I can get as base this nice before I have to give it up.
The top part of the rock should stay exposed for some time. This tree is 9 years from seedling, you've got time 👍

Top Bottom