satsuki azalea leaf

bonsai0987

Seed
Reaction score
hi im new to the bonsai world and i bought some satsuki azalea import and is not looking to well the leaf is curling up at the tip of the leaf and than it turns burn and my other other im having brown spots on the leave and it doesnt seem like is growing to well either. i live in center orlando where the temp stay above freezing and my azalea is place under shad all day so it doesnt get the full sun that we have in fl. should i be concern with the leaf curling up at the tip of the leaf and turning brown?

Graydon

Chumono
Reaction score
Hi bonsai0987 welcome to bonsaiNut!

I'm in Lakeland not too far from you and have a few azaleas. Could be a few things but as Will asked a photo is always helpful when you have a diagnosis question like this.

If you are mobile I would suggest you go visit Jason Schley in Daytona and take the tree. Jason is very helpful and knows quite a bit about azaleas. He has some nice trees that are imports so you would get a chance to see what his look like this time of year. Another option is to go to Mike Rogers nursery. He is very knowledgeable with azaleas and has very many great trees. Feel free to tell either one of them that I recommended you contact them for assistance (it will get you nothing special but...).

It's nice to meet bonsai people in your area. Perhaps they have classes that you might like to attend or have supplies that you may need in the future.

Hope this helps.

bonsai0987

Seed
Reaction score
thanks guy but i bought the tree from jason in daytona im still finguring out to upload the photo. i will try maybe you guys could give me some kind of clue what is the problem thanks

Reaction score
USDA Zone
try resizing the photo to 600 pixels max and saving it at medium compression (quality).

Top Bottom