Satsuki Yama No Hikari

R_F

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This satsuki was an ebay find. I have since pruned it and shaped it. The pot pictured is what I'm planning on potting it in. It is hard to tell from the photos but it is a burned orange and it is made by our very own Bonsai Nut Paul J. Katich. He makes excellent pots, and in my opinion rivals some of the best potters out there.

I didn't get to see the flowers in person on this particular tree. But based on my research the Yama No Hikari can have orange tinted pink flowers with variations. This pot should be the perfect match. Let me know if you think so too;):D....

Attachments

• Ebay Pic Yama No Hikari.jpg
    Ebay Pic Yama No Hikari.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_4318.jpg
    IMG_4318.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_4314.JPG
    IMG_4314.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_4315.JPG
    IMG_4315.JPG
    28.3 KB · Views: 36

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nice satsuki. Pot choice is very good, I think.

R_F

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nice satsuki. Pot choice is very good, I think.

Thanks rock, here's a link with the different flower variations: http://www.pbase.com/azaleasociety/yamanohikari

I actually got the idea of pairing pink with orange from a modern home design mag that my wife has LOL! I figure if you can make orange and pink the theme of a room you can pair a tree and pot that way too :D I'm hoping that flowers on this one have a hint of orange too, that'll make it all the better.

pjkatich

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Ryan,

Thanks for the plug, I appreciate the kind words.

It was good to see you at the BSF convention this past weekend. Thanks for stopping by my tables and chatting for a while.

In your head, you obviously saw the match between the pot and the azalea when you picked that pot up from the table. I remember seeing a little gleam in you right eye. Good choice by the way.

Regards,
Paul

R_F

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
In your head, you obviously saw the match between the pot and the azalea when you picked that pot up from the table. I remember seeing a little gleam in you right eye. Good choice by the way.

It was good seeing you too. So you caught that look in my eye....:D Yeah I was pretty stoked when I saw that pot sitting on your table. It's a very unusual color that I've not seen before and the size is perfect for this tree. How'd you know I needed a pot like that? Have you been monitoring my bonsai material purchases? :D

Top Bottom