Scots Pine advice

digger714

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
Hello to all. I have a Scots Pine that ive had for about 8 months now, and its doing great. I am wondering if anyone has any advice or links on pruning these. I have been studying Japanese Black Pine and JWP, but havent seen much on the Scots. Is it similar to any other as far as pruning for ramification, and back budding on the branches. Here are some pics if anyone has any suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• DSCN2782.jpg
    DSCN2782.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 157
  • DSCN2783.jpg
    DSCN2783.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 111
  • DSCN2784.jpg
    DSCN2784.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:

Jrbrown4

Sapling
Reaction score
Digger, I got a Scott's Pine from a club member and I would be interested to find out more about it as well. I actually had to plant mine in the ground, over a tile, this past winter because the entire tree looked a little weak and I wanted to try and get it back to good health as soon as possible. Hopefully you find out a lot of good information and sorry I havent had mine long enough to really help you.

kytombonsai

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Digger, See what you can find under Julian Adams. I know that he grows Scots Pine and I'm sure that he has some articles out there.

Tom

digger714

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
Thanks to everyone for the links. These are some great articles that cover so much of the process. There is some good info in these. Now to just spend a couple days reading them, and applying to my trees. Thanks again for the info.

Top Bottom