Sichuan pepper in shock

marac_k

Seed
Reaction score
Hello everyone

I bought this sichuan pepper IMG_20210505_134423.jpgfor couple months ago and repottet it for ca 1,5 month ago. The root system was a disaster and I didn't cut too much, just repottet in a little bit bigger pot. After repotting the tree is looking like this. Nothing much is happening, the blades are not falling out but the tree looks stressed. It hasn't been fertilized, it gets a plenty of light but not the direct sun, it gets proper watering and I try to keep the moist procent around the tree high.

My question to you is should I defoliate the tree and let it develop new blades or should I just let it be. It doesn't look like it is dying but I doesn't even look like it is developing and shooting new shoots so I am a little bit confused about what to do...

Thanks for help

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Nice plant, Traveller!

At first, I read your title as “in stock”. So I replied, out loud, “Nice! How much!” While i was clicking in.
The Woody Dwarves have since located my monocle.
Certain plants/trees respond differently to repot shock... Some take a whole season to kind of downshift.

This MAY be one of those, as it looks relatively happy..

I’d leave it alone.. and keep it happy.

But I also know NOTHING of the species.

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Growing seasons around the world vary widely and it is difficult to get a perspective on what someone says when we don't know where in the world they are. If you go to the upper right hand corner and click on your Icon, you can add your location and people will be able to customize advice for you.

<<<<< It will show here.

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Basic Rule #1: One major insult per 12 months until you gain enough experience with something to break the rules. This has been transferred to new place and repotted, that's enough for one cycle. Just learn how to water it and get it into the best light position and grow it on until next spring. Other steps depend upon where in world you are.

Top Bottom