Source of Lime Sulphur in Europe

Dermot

Yamadori
Reaction score
Is it ok to spray lime sulphur on one year old seedlings?
Once opened how long does the product remain viable?

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
I wouldn't spray seedlings, they usually have enough vigor to fight off a lot of things and if they don't.. You don't want those seedlings.

My bottle has been opened 4 or 5 years ago and it has some sediment on the bottom but it still works fine.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
well, a b
ottle last me about 2 yrs and then I need to buy a new one, as the old one is empty. Avoid swings in temperature to reduca crystallyzation. (I think it helps)

Dermot

Yamadori
Reaction score
Hey all.
I used lime sulphur back in November. Spring is around the corner so I was going to give another spray next weekend. Should I leave the tree "recover" for a while before repotting? Or am I good to work the tree a day or two after spraying?

Mapleminx

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yeah, don't do that. Just.. Sulfur is nasty stuff and it can be quite unpredictable to do this stuff in your backyard without knowledge of chemical procedures.
I remember a well educated friend who thought he could dump a bottle of 96% sulfuric acid down the drain.. His toilet bursted apart and not only were the nasties everywhere, those nasties had a pH value of -10 (negative, yes). His dumpster caught fire because he sweeped it up with paper towels, which caught fire later that evening.

Go with the bottled stuff. I remember the farmers stores having it around.
I hope he wasn living in a rental, I can’t imagine having to explain THAT one to a landlord!

Top Bottom