Stand build off

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I figured out how to mill that log with the chainsaw. Won't clutter up this thread with it, but I posted about the technique on my Shady's Stumps thread if anyone is interested.

Thanks again for the thoughts on ideas.

Maiden69

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Funny that you mention chainsaw... I found this device a few days ago and thought about buying it. But I really don't have much use for it, and in the case of the material I use the waste of the curf size is not optimal for me.

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Funny that you mention chainsaw... I found this device a few days ago and thought about buying it. But I really don't have much use for it, and in the case of the material I use the waste of the curf size is not optimal for me.
If there was supposed to be a link or pic, it didn't show up.

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I can actually see that coming in handy for me. Even the smaller logs I have that are too ungainly for the chainsaw or table saw, I could run one sid down a planer once or twice then use this.
Maybe something for tax season.

Maiden69

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Not stand related, but wood working related.

I've been following this channel for a few years now, he's builds are impressive and mostly avantgarde, but there are some traditional as well. A few days ago he posted this video of the build of his new workbench and it was in my queue. I started watching it now and I thought you guys would appreciate it, as wood workers.

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I've actually been wondering if there's enough interest to start just a general woodworking discussion, maybe in the Tea House. I always have questions, but feel bad blowing up the home page with stuff not directly related to bonsai.
Though I suppose cleaning out the rotted insides of some cottonwood burls may be of interest to people carving on trees with deadwood.🤷

Thoughts?

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I've actually been wondering if there's enough interest to start just a general woodworking discussion, maybe in the Tea House. I always have questions, but feel bad blowing up the home page with stuff not directly related to bonsai.
Though I suppose cleaning out the rotted insides of some cottonwood burls may be of interest to people carving on trees with deadwood.🤷

Thoughts?
Start the thread and tag me. I'll share my knowledge to those looking to learn.

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Are we thinking Tea House, or General Discussion because others might find tidbits useful for trees?

Top Bottom