Takagi bonsai museum in Tokyo

jk_lewis

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
I think not. Mr. T died, I think. Some of the trees went to another bonsai museum in Tokyo.

Bill V discussed it (here?) recently. The building, he said, is now a "noodle house." Glad I was able to visit when I did. They acted if no westerners had ever visited . . . I got a personal tour and was given several magazines to take home.

buddhamonk

Chumono
Reaction score
What is the other bonsai museum in Tokyo. I'd love to finish my trip here with more bonsai activity.

Eric Schrader

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
I'm not aware of a bonsai museum in Tokyo, but there is a new one in Omiya. Quite a nice facility with some famous trees in the courtyard too. Seems to be aimed at the general public. I think admission was 500 yen.

sam

Chumono
Reaction score
the new museum in omiya displays at least some of the takagi collection.

best wishes, sam

Mark

Mame
Reaction score
One of the best is Shunkaen Bonsai Museum. Kunio Kobayashi is the curator.
1-29-16,Niihori,
Edogawa-ku, Tokyo 132-0001

03-3293-7481

Good luck!
Mark

buddhamonk

Chumono
Reaction score
Thank's a lot for all the suggestions. I went to Omiya bonsai village today and visited the museum as well as the 5 nurseries there. Unfortunately none of them allowed photography but I was amazed by the quality of bonsai there. Especially at Mansei-en owned by Mr Kato where I met Juan, a californian who has been studying Bonsai in Japan for a year. I was able to see "the oldest bonsai in Japan" along with the current Kokufu winner (hormbeam) and last year's kokufu winner (pomegranate).

jk_lewis

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
One of the best is Shunkaen Bonsai Museum. Kunio Kobayashi is the curator.
1-29-16,Niihori,
Edogawa-ku, Tokyo 132-0001

03-3293-7481

Good luck!
Mark

That's the one I meant. Thanks.

Top Bottom