The Dumbest Bonsai Video I've Ever Seen!

Yugen

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
This video is not new, in fact it's like 8 years old but I haven't seen it until recently.

I had to replay this 3 or 4 times out of shock trying to grasp that this lady is actually serious!!!!!!

I'm refering to her AMAZING WIRING SKILLS!!!!!!

Ridiculous!

And remember, if you ever think your wiring sucks, refer back to this video.

and yet she manages to pronounces bonsai correctly???!

BobbyLane

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
funnily enough i watched quite a few of that chaps pruning c elms videos when i was starting up and going through that mad about chinese elms phase:D
you gotta start somewhere, just dont get stuck in one place, one must evolve.

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Whenever I feel bad about my own sticks in pots, I remember https://www.reddit.com/r/Bonsai/ exists.
I'm not fooling anyone, I know for a fact that I have shitty material and I'll be the first to admit that. But the stuff on reddit posted as 'bonsai' is pretty close to how the lady on the first page of this thread does it.

Mikecheck123

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Whenever I feel bad about my own sticks in pots, I remember https://www.reddit.com/r/Bonsai/ exists.
I'm not fooling anyone, I know for a fact that I have shitty material and I'll be the first to admit that. But the stuff on reddit posted as 'bonsai' is pretty close to how the lady on the first page of this thread does it.
That sub has suffered the same fate as many hobby subs that suddenly reach a critical mass--they suddenly become a sub for beginners. It's a well known reddit phenomenon.

I.e. what I'm saying is that I liked that sub before it was cool.

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
That sub has suffered the same fate as many hobby subs that suddenly reach a critical mass--they suddenly become a sub for beginners. It's a well known reddit phenomenon.

I.e. what I'm saying is that I liked that sub before it was cool.
I think it's internet related. We see it happening on my local gardening forums too; every spring a bunch of guys jumps in head first, saying they're going to grow the fattest tomatoes EVER because they heard about a technique that would supersize the fruits.. Only to find out that we busted that myth 15 years ago and that reinventing a malfunctioning horse cart wheel is not really a good starting point.
Some of those guys pick a fight, lose and make a run for it, others learn and adapt. The internet is a beautiful place.
I think this happens on almost every forum, even bonsai nut. If you look closely, you can see some threads explode with comments in a matter of hours. It's usually a hint to a pot of gold: hilarity or drama, or both!

BobbyLane

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
i might even still be subbed to that chas guy, but he hasnt showed up in my feeds for years😂

eb84327

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
God dam and I thought drugs killed brain cells.

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Some how I never ran across this thread. Oh my goodness!

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Here is my favorite bomsai demonstration of all time----so far. This one has to be seen to be believed.

It's like he did not even do enough research to understand some of the basics of the process enough to fake it. Wont even stand up under it's own weight.
But but but he commented that "She's alive and kicking" :D
PS: I should have made popcorn before diving into this thread.

Last edited:
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I started there. I know you wrote that comment in 2020, so maybe it’s gotten better? I just started this year

I think with many forums or subreddits or even TV shows, you need to wade through the muck and realize what’s good and what isn’t

I think the sub may be better than you remember? Sure there’s a lot of “why’s my indoor pine dying,” but there a lot more that’s good

Also a video on mixing 3 cheeses together hurt my brain

Mikecheck123

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I started there. I know you wrote that comment in 2020, so maybe it’s gotten better? I just started this year

I think with many forums or subreddits or even TV shows, you need to wade through the muck and realize what’s good and what isn’t

I think the sub may be better than you remember? Sure there’s a lot of “why’s my indoor pine dying,” but there a lot more that’s good

Also a video on mixing 3 cheeses together hurt my brain
I like it because I can actually give advice there.

Brian Van Fleet doesn't need mine here.

Or does he???

Top Bottom