The Tree Thread

Djtommy

Omono
Reaction score

TomB

Omono
Reaction score
I don't get it
Read the first post in this thread. For every post you make in it, you need to include a picture of one of your trees. Doesn't matter if they're not 'worthy' yet, just show your trees.
Here's an unworthy Field maple. Was very pleased to see this one bud out this year, as it was a problematic layering project I thought I had killed.
IMG_5417

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a

erb.75

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
OK already! ;)

Here is one I've been working on for 6 years. Growing all the roots myself Got it from David Fukumoto of Fukubonsai.com. David has been a great help and advisor, giving me suggestions on a regular basis with no requirement for extra payment. I highly recommend him. I am going to put out another article on his site sometime soon about the project for those interested. The original story of the tree was put in BCI magazine. Before 2018 work:
IMG_0004.jpg

Unwrapping the roots...it is strong enough to stand up, but needs more roots

IMG_0032.jpg

rewrapped (for a few more years) and put in a Sam Miller pot.

IMG_0034.jpg

0soyoung

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Only if they were in 25 separate pics..?
Now you are in arrears a photo of one of your trees. This thread is fun only because ONE MUST POST A PIC OF ONE OF THEIR TREES, even if it is just a comment. Doesn't need to be special. Pic can be of any old junk of yours like this forsythia cutting of mine.

IMG_20180329_144711536.jpg

J. Adrian

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Now you are in arrears a photo of one of your trees. This thread is fun only because ONE MUST POST A PIC OF ONE OF THEIR TREES, even if it is just a comment. Doesn't need to be special. Pic can be of any old junk of yours like this forsythia cutting of mine.

View attachment 188839
You are correct Sir, so here are 2 pics one for last post and one for this post.20180425_114537.jpg
Amur maple, trunk chopped from 8 ft to about 4 ft. 20180425_114512.jpg flushed out growth earlier than my other maples, tough too, took several snowed in nights with new leaves and came out like nothing.
Last pic is coral bark maple starting to flush out.

Top Bottom