Thermostats For Sale

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I recently changed my greenhouse set up, and have three thermostats that I don't need anymore. One of them is a heating/cooling with separate controls for picking the temp you want for each, heating side for your heater and cooling side for your auto vent or fan system. The temp range choice is from 10F to 110F on both sides. The other two are for heat mats (at least that's what I used them for) with probes for putting into your pot to keep the roots where you want them. These are the pro version, with choices down to 30F and up to 110F. Most cheap ones only go down to 60F. I would like to sell these as a unit if possible, anyone want them here for $75 plus shipping? All of these are straight edison plug versions, no wiring needed.
P1030264.jpgP1030265.jpgP1030266.jpgP1030267.jpgP1030268.jpg

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I just threw these on over at the .99 auction on FB, starting at $50 no reserve, bin of 75 if anyone wants them.

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Good deal for anyone with a greenhouse!

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I looked up the price for that larger unit...you should have asked for more!

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I looked up the price for that larger unit...you should have asked for more!
I just wanted to get them to someone who could use them. The smaller units were not cheap either actually. But I've had other people who handed me down stuff for reasonable, just passing it on...
I got a lot of use out of them, and they work fine, I just moved to digital as it's more accurate.

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
https://www.amazon.com/bayite-Tempe...1175257&sr=8-1&keywords=thermostat+greenhouse

several of these so I can have specific zones. There are also 20A versions that I have on heaters.
Those look nice! The thing that held me back from buying your old ones was (1) the lack of precision on the temperature control, and (2) the lack of an external probe (referring to the single larger unit). I've been using a RANCO ETC-111000 which is about the same price and only has one "zone", but I only need it to keep temps up in my shelter.

amatbrewer

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b

I am considering purchasing the same units, to augment my homemade system.
I can tell you from experience using relays far above your expected need (in this case 30A for a 15A load) is a 'must have'. My original heat/irrigation automation system used 15A relays which put them just slightly over my need , but after only a few months of use, one got stuck in the on position. FYI I knew this was a risk when I did it, but I was being lazy by using parts I had on hand at the time. I have since upgraded to 30A relays (same ones used in this product) and they have run flawlessly for about a year now. I also keep a set of spares on hand just in case.
FYI in the winter my system runs a small irrigation pump and 1200W heater, in summer it operates in irrigation valve and ventilation fan.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I am considering purchasing the same units, to augment my homemade system.
I can tell you from experience using relays far above your expected need (in this case 30A for a 15A load) is a 'must have'. My original heat/irrigation automation system used 15A relays which put them just slightly over my need , but after only a few months of use, one got stuck in the on position. FYI I knew this was a risk when I did it, but I was being lazy by using parts I had on hand at the time. I have since upgraded to 30A relays (same ones used in this product) and they have run flawlessly for about a year now. I also keep a set of spares on hand just in case.
FYI in the winter my system runs a small irrigation pump and 1200W heater, in summer it operates in irrigation valve and ventilation fan.
I had gotten a couple of these last year, and wanted to see how they worked before letting the others go. They are very accurate, and so far very stable.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
(1) the lack of precision on the temperature control,
This is the one thing I didn't like about it, once you get it set it's great, but getting it to be where you want it takes a lot of trips out and back....

amatbrewer

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
This is the one thing I didn't like about it, once you get it set it's great, but getting it to be where you want it takes a lot of trips out and back....
Yes, which is why my homemade system includes hosting a simple web page where I can monitor the temp/watering. As a back-up it also sends me an e-mail when it turns the water/heat on or off.

FYI it probably cost me 10 times as much in $ and time than if I had simply purchased a system...but what is the fun in that?
"Its hard work being this lazy."

fore

Omono
Reaction score
I bought that unit Judy, it's awesome! So much better than the old mechanical one I too was using. Thanks again!
Chris

Top Bottom