These rocks look interest... have anyone actually order?

namnhi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Kind of lazy at work and saw an ad about small gravels.... one thing led to another...
The rocks look quite interesting for ROR or Suiseki. Has anyone actually order one? Interested in what it looks like in real life.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Kind of lazy at work and saw an ad about small gravels.... one thing led to another...
The rocks look quite interesting for ROR or Suiseki. Has anyone actually order one? Interested in what it looks like in real life.
I've ordered it from a couple of sources. Got middling results. Only about three of the order were actually useable (had enough character throughout the stone, were large enough) for ROR, the rest could be used for landscape planting "scenery." They also need to age a bit in the backyard. I suspect some of them were treated with acid to get the texture.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
FWIW, there are some VERY LARGE seiryu stones (Which isn't all that big 18-20 inches tall) that could be used on Etsy--only the suppliers are asking $100 to $481 for one stone--those would probably make a great ROR stone, but not worth the cash.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Aye, the places I've seen offer it in this manner seem to use the same, almost bait and switchy tactic but with fine print.
Same like trees with one picture.

I had a friggin field day at Petland a couple or one year ago. Right reasonable prices.

The smaller the pet store usually the better the price and selection, but for a chain,they had an impressive selection.

The junky ass pet store that buys in old sh are the best!

Sorce

Top Bottom