Trident Informal Upright

aml1014

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Informal upright is a peticular style, in it the tree grows in a curving matter like an S (no not the ugly mallsai), with a trunk that has obvious taper from the bottom to the top. Also branches come from the outside of each curve on the trunk starting at least 1/3 the way up the trunk.
This tree has none of this. It is straight as an arrow, with a Y split down low, and there's little taper if any. This tree does not fall under the informal upright style I MO.

Aaron

Last edited:

Bolero

Omono
Reaction score
OK thanks for the clarification, I'll just call it another Trident from now on...

Vin

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
It should not be in a bonsai pot yet as well. You should plant it in the ground or a grow box and let it grow out to thicken up. No one is trying to criticize the tree but honestly, as it sets right now it is the quintessential "stick in a pot". Stick with it and in a few years or so you'll see what we mean.

Also, I might add we've all been there. This art can be so frustratingly enjoyable at times.

Last edited:

Haoleboy

Mame
Reaction score
I agree. Put it in the ground or grow box for a couple of years and forget about it (other than nutes and pest management). Just let it grow. It'll thicken up quite rapidly.

Top Bottom