Trunk Chop Large Maple

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
That tree spade is $10k and the skid steer another $15k........that's a lot of pot making, lol!!!!

Gr8tfuldad

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Now we know it’s there we can work smartly. My brother got it a week earlier but not nearly as bad. I must be allergic to it now. Thank god the steroids helped it.

Gr8tfuldad

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
We should definitely go before the leaves drop, it will make things easier.

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Me personally I'm looking for the smaller ones say 1/2" to 1" for mame.

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I have better luck with JM seeds that have fallen as opposed to still on the tree.
I figured out in my area right around Halloween they are ready to collect off the tree. I've picked up fallen seed at the US Arboratum around the same time. There's a fruiting Ginkgo and Corneilian Cherry that I know there to collect a ton of fallen fruit to collect the seeds as well.

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Everything is species-specific. Honey locust pods need to be picked off the tree when the pods just begin to go splotchy brown, and Redbud when they first start to open. Both because bugs drill tiny holes in the seed and lay egg(s) the later you get them. Every seed should be inspected for a hole.

Gr8tfuldad

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Speaking of seeds. I collected half of the cotton Easter seeds on my tree. I will collect the other half in a few weeks. How long should I wait to remove the seeds from the fleshy fruit? Thanks.

Gr8tfuldad

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Everything is species-specific. Honey locust pods need to be picked off the tree when the pods just begin to go splotchy brown, and Redbud when they first start to open. Both because bugs drill tiny holes in the seed and lay egg(s) the later you get them. Every seed should be inspected for a hole.
Thanks for the heads up on the redbud. I just collected a ton of seeds from our tree.

Top Bottom