Unposted Material in Reply Box

PABonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
This is more or less a question than feedback. Whenever I type a response to a thread it appears stickied in my reply box, even if I delete the text. So if I am in a thread typing something and decide for whatever reason not to hit the button to post it, the text sticks in the reply box. And it will follow me around between devices, between pages. So if I type something, select all and delete, go to other threads or even websites and come back into the thread the text is still there. It's convenient if I need to look something up to paste or gather my thoughts. But it's very annoying if I want to reply to something later in the thread and stuff like paragraphs of a quote I didn't follow through replying to are still there filling the box. Is there a way to permanently delete this stuff in the reply box?

cbroad

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Not positive, but I think it's an auto-save feature.

It doesn't happen to me much, but when it does, I delete the text and give it a minute or two before I leave the thread so it auto-saves the blank post.

PABonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b

It doesn't happen to me much, but when it does, I delete the text and give it a minute or two before I leave the thread so it auto-saves the blank post.
Thanks, I will try that.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Just press reply when you come back to it.
Lol.

Always follow thru!

Sorce

TomB

Omono
Reaction score

If you don't want to wait a minute or two, hit 'save draft' (floppy disk icon second from the right, above text box)

EDIT: in fact, I think you can just 'delete draft' and get rid of it that way

Warpig

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Since this is in the feedback section I just want to add it can be a little annoying at times but I do like it for on longer posts. Just takes some getting used too.

Last edited:

PABonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
If you don't want to wait a minute or two, hit 'save draft' (floppy disk icon second from the right, above text box)

EDIT: in fact, I think you can just 'delete draft' and get rid of it that way
Is that on the webpage? Just curious as I don't see it. I'm on my phone 99% of the time so I don't see the website in it's normal layout.

PABonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
It's not inside the little triple dot either

Silentrunning

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Once you start typing you will notice the little circular arrow pointing left has darkened. If you click on that, it will erase any typed words.

PABonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Once you start typing you will notice the little circular arrow pointing left has darkened. If you click on that, it will erase any typed words.
I will see if that helps too. Maybe if I use the actual website button it will erase it permanently. Thanks for that tip!

PABonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Since this is in the feedback section I just want to add it can be a little annoying at times but I do like it for on longer posts. Just takes some getting used too.
Yeah it is a nice feature, having control over it would make it perfect!

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Maybe if you....

Nah that don't work.

It's usually because I decide not to reply.

I know...when I was frustrated with the problem, I figured it would be funny to just send it, however long later ..like...yeah I was gonna say that then....did it now...

But if I did send all those posts I'd be a Bonsai Rockstar! Lol!

Sorce

Top Bottom