Upright or cascade?

Redwood Ryan

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
name's Miles actually... Slim Genre (which has been my nickname for a while thanks to a bored and clever accountant at my firm) was an anagram of my real name... actually Slime would be better, but I decided to drop the extra "e" Everyone at work has been calling me Slim for about 7 years now.

lol

Ahh Miles, I should've known. Wonder where I got Glen from.....:confused::confused:

DannyBonsai

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
I like this view a lot:

001-107.jpg

P.S. Slim (or should I say Glen?) I agree with you about MS Pain ;)

I would put a tree in the little "channel" in the right upper area. and since schefflera were mentioned awhile earlier, I bought at home depot a 2 gallon pot of scheff trunks, al with tons of aerial roots. I repotted them and the best two are now in training. I exposed half the roots and majorly cut back one, and there is new growth already. But I think that ficus would be your best bet as schefs can be a little TOO vigorous and outgrow the rock rather quickly. and the leaves don't reduce as easily as ficus. but it's up to you

Redwood Ryan

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
I would put a tree in the little "channel" in the right upper area. and since schefflera were mentioned awhile earlier, I bought at home depot a 2 gallon pot of scheff trunks, al with tons of aerial roots. I repotted them and the best two are now in training. I exposed half the roots and majorly cut back one, and there is new growth already. But I think that ficus would be your best bet as schefs can be a little TOO vigorous and outgrow the rock rather quickly. and the leaves don't reduce as easily as ficus. but it's up to you

Thanks Danny. That's the same place I was thinking. Right now I'm debating how many trees I want on top. I was thinking a clump, but I am also thinking a single tree. It is a fairly large rock, it has quite a bit of length to it.

DannyBonsai

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
then maybe your main tree in there, and a second, smaller one lower on the left twoards the rear, if that were the front? also, some aerial roots infront of the "cave" would look really nice. It reminds me of a picture a friend showed me of her trip to Thailand, there was a similar cave/tree combo.

Top Bottom