Vids of Bonsai

markyscott

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Keep up the good work, Stacy. I love the two Sawgrass originals I've bought!

Reaction score
Keep up the good work, Stacy. I love the two Sawgrass originals I've bought!
Thanks for the compliment, I appreciate it!
Glad to hear you like the pieces you acquired from me... I really liked the mountain scene scroll you got with the fall color! I think that it turned out awesome. Would love to see a photo if you use it in a display!

markyscott

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
I really like the one with the single leaf in the corner too. It has a subtle beauty that I don't see in many scrolls. More like that please!

Nomiyama

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Great work Stacy! What a treat to see the Persimmon artwork I just bought from you in this video you shared. So glad I bought the Maple and the Persimmon from you this weekend. Looking forward to adding them to my collection of your work once they get here. Love your work, keep creating wonderful art for years to come. Really enjoyed the video showing how it all comes together, you're very talented.

Chris

justBonsai

Omono
Reaction score
I really like your stuff Stacy. I noticed in your videos you mention a website but the domain name does not lead anywhere?

Reaction score
I really like the one with the single leaf in the corner too. It has a subtle beauty that I don't see in many scrolls. More like that please!
The fallen maple leaves one?

It is always a little difficult figuring out subject matter and amount of painting verses negative spacing... Obviously, most traditional scrolls used for displaying with bonsai are very minimal. ... but, I gotta be honest and say that normally when I do scrolls with very minimal painting like traditional scrolls for bonsai, they don't usually sell...

People in America like tons of stuff! So, always a little difficult. I will see about doing more.

Thanks for the reply and suggestions , I appreciate it!

Reaction score
Very nice work sawgrass. I'm thinking that with such a good eye, your real trees will be equally good!
Do a Gardenia too!
Thanks, for the compliment and suggestions, I appreciate it!
Not sure if my tree's are equally good? I like them, and I work hard on them... perhaps people get them and like them, who knows? I just do what I think is cool and don't worry about it.
I will see about doing a Gardenia.

Reaction score
Great work Stacy! What a treat to see the Persimmon artwork I just bought from you in this video you shared. So glad I bought the Maple and the Persimmon from you this weekend. Looking forward to adding them to my collection of your work once they get here. Love your work, keep creating wonderful art for years to come. Really enjoyed the video showing how it all comes together, you're very talented.

Chris
Thanks for the reply and compliment, I appreciate it!
I am sorry for not telling you about the video, normally I would of... just been gong crazy as of lately! I am still working the 8 days a week and trying to somehow film, edit, and post up the vids as well!
I did actually shoot a video of me doing the Maple Painting as well, but sadly I thought I had already transferred it to my computer and cleared my camera for more space. Was highly pissed off to say the least!

Reaction score
I really like your stuff Stacy. I noticed in your videos you mention a website but the domain name does not lead anywhere?
The website domain will eventually lead to my Blog Site... which I should of had up a while back and have no excuses for other than it is on the list... Lol!
Will let you know as soon as it is up!

berobinson82

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Stacy,

I've always appreciated your artwork and letting us in to see the process makes it all that much more impressive. Just to be clear, are you working from something? Is it lightly penciled in and we can't see in the video? Is this free hand...?

Regardless, amazing. Kudos.

Cheers,

B

P.S. The wife was curious as to why the first picture got two stamps and the second only one. Maybe you could help out?

Thx

Last edited:

ml_work

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
OK, I will tell on myself.... I looked at this and thought.... why would I want to watch a video of Stacy painting. (I have satellite for internet so my data is metered and video eats it up) But I clicked on the Play - now JB is singing so I gotta watch. This was Very interesting to watch as you made it all come together and see your talent at work. So Shame on me.... thanks for your time!

Reaction score
Stacy,

I've always appreciated your artwork and letting us in to see the process makes it all that much more impressive. Just to be clear, are you working from something? Is it lightly penciled in and we can't see in the video? Is this free hand...?

Regardless, amazing. Kudos.

Cheers,

B

P.S. The wife was curious as to why the first picture got two stamps and the second only one. Maybe you could help out?

Thx
Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it!

I just do these freehand... no sketching out first with pencil or copying from an image. For me, the are kind of like doodling. I have a general idea of where I would like to go... and they just develop as I go along.

As far a the seals or chops... no real reason why I did two verses one. More just what I felt looked good.

Reaction score
OK, I will tell on myself.... I looked at this and thought.... why would I want to watch a video of Stacy painting. (I have satellite for internet so my data is metered and video eats it up) But I clicked on the Play - now JB is singing so I gotta watch. This was Very interesting to watch as you made it all come together and see your talent at work. So Shame on me.... thanks for your time!
My man James Brown!
You know I went to see him play when I was younger. I was 17 and worked really hard at a job doing lawn maintenance job out in the middle of our Florida Summer, to save up the money to by me and my 14 year old brother a ticket. My parents drove us, cause I still didn't have a car... and we're not really to keen on the idea of us going, and my brother going... not to mention why we would want to go see James Brown in the first place... but, they reluctantly gave in and let us go.

We found our seats, and there was this older African American couple in front of us, the gentleman who had to be pushing 70... kept yelling "James Brown" at the top of his lungs every couple of seconds... and saying "God Damn!" in between wiping sweat off his brow with his hanker chief , seeing it was like a million degrees inside... even though the show hadn't even begun and the lights were still on... They took care of us the whole show!

Making sure we had their popcorn, their drinks, and some of the other food the wife had snuck in... Not sure if it was because we were pretty much the only white kids, the fact we were so young, the story I told them of how I worked really hard to save up the money to come and bought the tickets myself, or the fact that they were just good people... and this is what good people do? But, we had a blast! They even waited out front with us after the show till our parents showed up... to make sure we were safe and got home ok.

When James Brown hit the stage... man, their wasn't one person in the whole fucking place that wasn't getting down! And still to this day me and my brother still rein act the infamous scene of him being helped off the stage dancing, by his manager, him throwing off his coat, and running back on stage and his manager helping him off again and again...

He saved his encore song for the Rocky movie title song... "I live in America".
All I want to say about this is... that night... We most certainly did!

Never did have the chance to see him again... wish I would of. Sad, really... Not sure if it would of ever come close to that night? Some things are just one off events in life.

Thanks for the reply and the watching of the video.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Paintings I did this week...
Sorry, have been juggling to much stuff and needed
to get these done to get up at Auction on FB, So didn't
get to do any Videos of them being Painted.
But thought I would post them up none the less...

ROR Japanese Maple
japmpl1.jpg

Two Trunk Pine
pine1.jpg

Another ROR Maple
mpl1.jpg

And a Pomegranate
pom1.jpg

Top Bottom