Wegilia

Tachigi

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I was made an offer to receive 30 fat trunked wegilia (free) for some shohin material. Has anyone heard of this plant before as I am unfamiliar with it?

cbobgo

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
hmm, googled it, didn't find much.

But it's hard to pass up "fat" and "free" in the same offer. If they are crap, you can always build a bonfire and roast marshmellows.

- bob

rlist

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Try Weigela... Free is good. Please post pics!

Tachigi

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
hmm, googled it, didn't find much.
But it's hard to pass up "fat" and "free" in the same offer. If they are crap, you can always build a bonfire and roast marshmellows.
- bob

Me to Bob. That prompted my inquiry. It is pretty chilly here, a bonfire might be useful.

Try Weigela... Free is good. Please post pics!
Rick, the statement "Try Weigila" gives me hope...care to elaborate? Free can be good, or a waste of time an effort. Will post pics after I pick them up.

bonsai barry

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Here's a description of Wiegela

The Variegated Wiegela, Weigela florida 'Variegata', has a compact habit, growing 4-6' high and wide. It has grey leaves with yellow/cream fringes, and dark pink flowers. This deciduous shrub is grown for its showy bell-shaped flowers and spreading, arching growth habit.Dark pink flowers with pale pink-white interiors, to 1 1/4 inches long are produced in corymbs on short lateral twigs on previous years growth in late spring to early summer. Flowers are attractive to hummingbirds. Very nice in a mixed shrub border.

This description is from

www.treestop.com/product.php?prod_id=251&mode

There are also photos

Tachigi

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Grog and Barry, Thanks for the input. The info will be very useful in deciding whether to invest the time into this species.

Top Bottom