What bonsai is this thank you

Vince1029

Seed
Reaction score
My gf recently bought this for me. I'm not too in depth with bonsai only one i owned was a juniper but it passed with the coming storms and such so she surprised me with this. On the bottom it says quincy and it also doesn't have drain holes, which worry me. Thanks again and any advice is welcome.20211011_171808.jpg

A. Gorilla

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
That right there is prolly a dwarf Chinese juniper.

You are gonna want drainage holes, yes.

Until you get a nice pot, you could do worse than a yogurt cup with a hole in the bottom. If you need to top off with soil, make it loose and crumbly like perlite from a garden center.

That buys you time for you to research this matter.

And leave it outside.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Is there not a plastic pot inside that one?

Welcome to Crazy!

Sorce

Vince1029

Seed
Reaction score
That right there is prolly a dwarf Chinese juniper.

You are gonna want drainage holes, yes.

Until you get a nice pot, you could do worse than a yogurt cup with a hole in the bottom. If you need to top off with soil, make it loose and crumbly like perlite from a garden center.

That buys you time for you to research this matter.

And leave it outside.
Thank you guys very much i really appreciate the knowledge and advice you guys are the best.

Vince1029

Seed
Reaction score
A safe assumption would be juniperus procumbens 'nana'. And yes definitely get that in a pot with drainage but try not to disturb the roots when you do it
Thank you guys very much i really appreciate the knowledge and advice you guys are the best.

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
What is prolly supposed to mean :confused:? Not a real word surely.

Top Bottom