Whats this JM cultivar?

Nice! It is tough to find cultivar's without rough grafts. I'm curious of the local nursery?
LOL we just had a long discussion about this on the thread :) It's not a cultivar. Doesn't make it any less beautiful!

As always I much appreciate your clarification Frank!

I'm excited for this tree, it's not easy to find quality JM pre-bonsai and the like in my area. One day I hope to come visit your nursery.
Hope you get the opportunity to come west some day, the island is beautiful. Happy to arrange a visit if you're in the area. I have a number of nice maples under development. Lots of pre-bonsai if you can provides some winter protection. Pretty sure you experience much colder winters in your neck of the woods.

Hope you get the opportunity to come west some day, the island is beautiful. Happy to arrange a visit if you're in the area. I have a number of nice maples under development. Lots of pre-bonsai if you can provides some winter protection. Pretty sure you experience much colder winters in your neck of the woods.
I lived in Comox for 6 years, I do miss the island.

Yes, my JM's get put in my unheated garage for the winter.

I lived in Comox for 6 years, I do miss the island.

Yes, my JM's get put in my unheated garage for the winter.
Flew in to Comox, returning from Italy last thursday. Lots of new development along Ryan Road over the past ten years! New Hospital, Costco, Home Depot etc! I prefer the quieter small town life style of Qualicum Beach at this stage. The air base used to be the focal point of town but it has expanded incredibly. My brother in law used to fly the Argus out of Comox at one time, now it sits perched on a display stand near the commercial terminal for Air Canada and Westjet.
Have to stop now might be aging myself.:cool:

Flew in to Comox, returning from Italy last thursday. Lots of new development along Ryan Road over the past ten years! New Hospital, Costco, Home Depot etc! I prefer the quieter small town life style of Qualicum Beach at this stage. The air base used to be the focal point of town but it has expanded incredibly. My brother in law used to fly the Argus out of Comox at one time, now it sits perched on a display stand near the commercial terminal for Air Canada and Westjet.
Have to stop now might be aging myself.:cool:
They where just building the new hospital when I left. I sure do miss that Costco, it's probably the least busy in North America.

Yes, I'm in the Air force, so I know the base well, I owned a home in Comox, it was nice little town. Qualicum Beach is a lovely town, I loved the drive on the old highway in that area.

Hopefully with work, I'll get a trip back soon.

Back
Top Bottom