When should inexperienced bonsai growers shut up and let the experts talk?

amcoffeegirl

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
You shut up!

I AM an expert. My articles on azaleas were published in several magazines. This idiot Smoke literally tried to bully me and tell me WRONG THINGS about azaleas. Why? Because he thought he could because he had a picture of a bonsai he bought from someone else.
He never apologized. And he did this because he didn't like my comments on of politics.

And after all this, and after me DEFENDING HIM in this thread, he still does the same attack he did years ago.

Smoke is a bully. His trees might be nice, but they are not great either. And he BOUGHT THEM. They are other people's work. Literal stolen glory he uses to try to bully other people with.
He should SHUT UP and ONLY POST PICTURES. No words.

Smoke shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as Adair. And even Brain 'I was at Jan6 and it was ANTIFA' van Fleet's trees are much much nicer than Smoke's.
Smoke is just another Klytus or Greerwh? Who do you ask? EXACTLY. Literal nobodies.
Geez us!

Gabler

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Let's not gang up on @Glaucus. It seems everyone's made their points. I doubt anything is going to resolve between the strong personalities here by continued comments. For those in the Western hemisphere, good night. Hopefully, this thread is dead when I check my phone in the morning.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
the last two days before school started our administration team had to go room to room and verify there were no unvetted books in sight
Deeply concerning state censorship.

Probably this is what you get when you do not wish to inform kids on aspects of sexuality and instead choose to "protect" them.
Glad I do not live there / have kids [in school there].
I could not deal with state-controlled libraries.

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Funny that you take THAT post as an example of an expert.
Lol, wasn’t post specific, just the home page to his blog chock full of info and experience

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
I, the inexperienced bonsai grower, will now shut up in this thread and let the experts talk.
BUT ONLY ABOUT BONSAI.
I am not interested in reading about grievances of years past. There might or might not be justifications for the grievances, but they are impossible for me to discern.
*Leaves in silence*

Reactions: R0b

Srt8madness

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
I, the inexperienced bonsai grower, will now shut up in this thread and let the experts talk.
BUT ONLY ABOUT BONSAI.
I am not interested in reading about grievances of years past. There might or might not be justifications for the grievances, but they are impossible for me to discern.
*Leaves in silence*
I am 😂😂 I'm here for it!

Srt8madness

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
I think the insult was directed at Nancy Reagan more than it was directed at you. More politics. Just say no!
No, it was at him, for acting like Nancy Reagan. Gotta watch out for those dregs of society who are "on weed" 🤣

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I am truly sorry this has happened. It was not my intent at all. Just a check in to those that cared. I posted a tree cause someone was curious. I thought it may stimulate some serious discussion about bonsai but I was wrong. It really does sadden me to see a place like this go so bad the other way. I was one of the first here, actually invited here by Greg to beta test the site.

Unfortunately, bonsai is a very ego driven hobby if done on a level that is trying hard to go somewhere. I tried very hard to go somewhere and felt that passing along knowledge was a way to pay it forward, but there are those that only wish to tear you down from the perceived podium. I say perceived because when it gets down to brass tacks, no one wants to hear the truth, when you confront someone and tell them to put up or shut up, which is the essence of this thread, they immediately feel threatened because most times they have nothing to show. The only thing they can do is lash out. No repercussions on a computer screen, so hammer away. This would never happen in real life. Especially with a few peers standing around that also know the truth. I have been around a long time and seen it all.

Finally, I just go away....

The take away....still never saw a tree.

Top Bottom