Where to buy training pots/colanders online for cheap?

justBonsai

Omono
Reaction score
I was wondering where I could find some training pots and colanders online for relatively cheap. Buying pots at nurseries are always a bit more pricey and my local 99c store doesn't always carry what I need. I have a few more trees I'll need to repot in the next 2 months or so, but no more pots/colanders on hand to do so. Any info would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Julian

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
I was wondering where I could find some training pots and colanders online for relatively cheap. Buying pots at nurseries are always a bit more pricey and my local 99c store doesn't always carry what I need. I have a few more trees I'll need to repot in the next 2 months or so, but no more pots/colanders on hand to do so. Any info would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Julian

Dollar store... been getting them there for about 8 years...

Chuah

Shohin
Reaction score

Thanks,
Julian
You can find colanders of all sizes in Chinese or Korean grocery stores. Should not be too difficult to find in your area.

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
You can find colanders of all sizes in Chinese or Korean grocery stores. Should not be too difficult to find in your area.
Include Vietnamese stores. Some sizes have a matching plastic basin that the colander fits into...if interested. The basin is sized to catch water drained but still leave at least 1/2" space around the inside. The rims fit together nicely. Most will be red or blue. Sometimes you'll also find yellow, white and green colors. The basins are also good for growing....just drill a bunch of holes.

Boscology

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4a
I like to support goodwill, there is one by a few other stores I go to and I usually bring carloads of stuff to donate a few times a year. on the last few trips I have bought a collander or two each time, theyre 99 cents each but of courrse its not like you can buy quantity but it satisfies the requirement of 1$ collander if thats your primary interest.

Rid

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Include Vietnamese stores. Some sizes have a matching plastic basin that the colander fits into...if interested. The basin is sized to catch water drained but still leave at least 1/2" space around the inside. The rims fit together nicely. Most will be red or blue. Sometimes you'll also find yellow, white and green colors. The basins are also good for growing....just drill a bunch of holes.
Holy cow I just left my Korean farmers market. This is great advice, huge selection of size, ranging in price from 2.50 to 5

Top Bottom