Which is better for not washing away soil in bonsai pots a Dramm water breaker or a red fogg it nozzle ?

waydeo

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
My cheapo hand me down watering wand tends to put out too much flow and washes away my soil in my bonsai pots. I'm looking at the Dramm water breaker with alot of fine holes and the red fog it nozzle. Anyone use any of these / opinions ? I'm open to suggestions.

waydeo

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
400 AL Water Breaker400 PL Water Breaker1000 PL Water Breaker170 PL Water BreakerBrass Seedling NozzleBrass Foggit Nozzle

Brass Foggit Nozzle
Type of PatternRain shower with medium sized dropletsRain shower with medium sized dropletsRain shower with very fine sized dropletsRain shower with medium sized dropletsLight mist with fine dropletsLight mist with fine droplets
usesGeneral watering of plants vegetables, plants, and flowersGeneral watering of plants vegetables, plants, and flowersWatering of delicate plants and flowers without damageWatering of smaller containers and boxesWatering of freshly seeded containers and traysWatering of small young plants
Flow RateUp to 11 Gallons per MinuteUp to 11 Gallons per minuteUp to 7 Gallons per minuteUp to 7 Gallons per minuteUp to 1/2 Gallon per minuteUp to 1 Gallon per
shimbrypaku ,thanks . I found this on chart on amazon looking at the water breaker you posted .
Just what I needed a visual aid. Lol. The 400 PL and the 1000 PL look to be the best . The brass seedling nozzle looks good too.

cishepard

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I use this Melnor wand, on the shower setting. It is easy to adjust the flow up or down (or off completely) with a touch of your thumb on the lever. I also like the swivelling head. I have some plastic lattice on my potting bench and have the wand head angled just right to hang it on the lattice when I’m done watering.
1e7c7c74-4d8d-4d6b-81c8-60e892add9d2_1.96f1a3f1bd3f6b63d0968e20c38b44df.jpeg

shimbrypaku

Shohin
Reaction score
Just one thing one the 400 breaker, you need a high flow rate and good pressure to use this one. They make another breaker for low pressure situation. I think it’s the 170 model.

Scorpius

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I have found that the red 1000PL hole dramm head to be great, but it needs high pressure and it does tend to move soil around.

shimbrypaku

Shohin
Reaction score
It takes me one hour to water with the Dram wand, I can’t imagine trying to water with a can.

waydeo

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
One advantage to a watering can is I can use low dose fertilizer more often .

Top Bottom