Windswept juniper attempt

Tbuckley

Seedling
Reaction score
Hi! My first attempt at a windswept juniper. And thoughts/advice?!

Attachments

• 10732542-7305-43F1-8401-DAD9C07E6F27.jpeg
    10732542-7305-43F1-8401-DAD9C07E6F27.jpeg
    222.9 KB · Views: 91

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Smoke .....

I mean.....

Blow Harder! Lol.

Welcome to Crazy!

No, no it does mean anything!

Sorce

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Welcome aboard!
Just a heads-up, someone is going to come along and tell you to add your location to your profile. I'm just trying to steal their thunder. 😉 At least a continent or country, and your growing zone, for when you ask for advice on anything. Location and climate can make a huge difference.

Looks as good as anything I've attempted so far.
Your wiring technique could use some work, but I'm really not one to talk. Is that bailing wire? Hey, whatever works.

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Good work so far. Not all windswept trunks lean with wind but some will say otherwise. That way seems commoner but not always best way.;)

Shibui

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9?
Good start to windswept style juniper. Everyone is going to have a slightly different view of how they would do it and that's fine too.
My first advice would be (at some stage but not now) thin and reduce the foliage on those branches. In my experience, trees that grow in windy places don't tend to have big, full branches so less foliage would make the composition more believable IMHO.

I second the advice to add a location to your profile. Hard to give good advice when we don't know if you are in spring or autumn, cold or tropical.

Tbuckley

Seedling
Reaction score
Good work so far. Not all windswept trunks lean with wind but some will say otherwise. That way seems commoner but not always best way.;)
Yeah I wanted to keep the larger lower right branch there and that limb did almost a 90 degree turn away from the main branch so I don’t think I could have made it go with the main trunk direction. Originally wanted to do a cascade style with it.

Top Bottom