Wire process happens first?

Driver170

Shohin
Reaction score
Really got confused with what ryan is getting at here. Roughly at 32 mins he says wiring has to happen first before pruning and pinching?

Attachments

• IMG_4388.PNG
    IMG_4388.PNG
    77.9 KB · Views: 24

Giga

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
I have not watched that stream but I think I know what he's getting at and it depends on the species. What I do, is start of doing rough cuts still leaving extra growth. The rough cuts are branches that your 100% you will not use. Then I wire out starting at the bottom working my way up - some people do this is reverse but this is what works for me. If the tree is getting wired 100% then I wire 100% set pads,branches etc. Then after I'm done wiring I can see what is not needed and can remove the parts that don't fit into the design, and do some fine tuning I think this is a first wiring out or structural wiring too so it can depend what stage the tree is in too to how you wire.

sparklemotion

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4b
My understanding aligns with Giga's. You can't reattach branches, but you can always cut a branch (and the wire) off later.

So, when you're doing your initial styling, if there is *any* chance (like even 0.0001%) that you might want to keep the branch, go ahead and wire it. The wire will let you move it out of the way and/or into a better position as you work on the tree. If, at the end of the wiring/styling you can't find a use for it, cut it.

Top Bottom