Won a pot on .99 Cent Bonsai on Facebook

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Pretty excited...the pot has nice feminine curves...all four sides are the same shape. 9x9x3 pot...can't wait to see the color of this in person. Seller seemed nice through PM correspondence.

imagejpg1_zpsbe9ec0e3.jpg

imagejpg3_zps9c9501e4.jpg

imagejpg4_zps819ec0c3.jpg

imagejpg2_zps9dd56443.jpg

I'm pretty sure you don't need that, your more then welcome to send it my way :cool:

I'm pretty sure you don't need that, your more then welcome to send it my way :cool:

Thanks!

Lol I think I can find some place to store it until it's needed...contemplating that Ryusen that I am messing with. The fall colors would look great next to the pots color I think...if I let the tree weep as it was intended...weeping past the pot. I think it could handle a 3" deep pot. Time will tell...loved the shape and coloring. Worst case...I find a tree to go in it. So...win/win either way.

That's a nice pot, and a steal for 0.99. Welcome to a new addiction...buying pots:cool:.

Well Dave...it actually cost more than .99 but, it's an auction after all. Here are the stipulations of said auction pulled from their page. But, you bid what your willing to pay. Others may be willing to pay more. I was fortunate I wanted it more than others.

~~~\\\\\\~~ Parameters for listing on 99 Cent Bonsai ~~~//////~~ All items listed on this page must be bonsai related and must have a retail value of no more then 75 dollars, there are no reserves on this auction page.

I do see me buying more pots now that I have a place to store them. Does anyone know if this is considered a lotus shaped pot?

Sorry, misunderstood...not enough coffee on board yet. Still a nice pot, though.

No worries...had my Java for the day. Mocha mint cappuccino...which my dad states clearly isn't Java nor coffee. :rolleyes: and thanks...very pleased with my purchase. And how so far the transaction has played out. :)

Well done for an eBay purchase. There is one of the gems we seldom get to find but are out there. I would but it and not worry about the tree of it. You can always get a tree to fit it.

Yes, win, win.

Dave

Well done for an eBay purchase. There is one of the gems we seldom get to find but are out there. I would but it and not worry about the tree of it. You can always get a tree to fit it.

Yes, win, win.

Dave

Thank you Dave for the kind words...though this wasn't purchased on eBay...but on a Facebook auction wall. The wall is called " .99 Cent Bonsai ". Your thoughts exactly when it comes to said tree...no determined one at this time. I could toss the maple that has lovely red/maroon foliage...but just as easily wait and find the perfect tree as well. When I placed my bid...finding a tree later was my intentions all along. I just wanted to hoard this pot to myself. ;)

nice one

this is a good find. It is lotus shape. I would look for one of those old grape vine bonsai for this pot, or some sort of ivy.
I'm sure you can find lots and lots of things that will look good in here.
Will your cherry fit?

this is a good find. It is lotus shape. I would look for one of those old grape vine bonsai for this pot, or some sort of ivy.
I'm sure you can find lots and lots of things that will look good in here.
Will your cherry fit?

Food for thought indeed! Thanks Judy I was leaning toward lotus...but wasn't quite sure...I had that crescent made for the Cherry...planning on turning it into a cascade I was considering. But, it would look pretty in this pot when in bloom...with the hints of red. Food for thought...as well as a grape bonsai vine. Is there a particular grape variety for bonsai? I have a thick old wild grape of some sort in the ravine. I followed the trail of vines to the spot where it is in the ground. I never looked closer thinking the leaves on it seemed rather...large. But, I bet it's about as thick as my wrist. Or near so...but, not sure if there is taper or what have you...I never climbed down the ravine hill to get a close inspection with the leaves seeming rather large.

How are those pictures posted? They arent showing up on my phone.....

I see other attached ones though. New pics havent been showing up for me the last 2 days...

Thank you Dave for the kind words...though this wasn't purchased on eBay...but on a Facebook auction wall. The wall is called " .99 Cent Bonsai ". Your thoughts exactly when it comes to said tree...no determined one at this time. I could toss the maple that has lovely red/maroon foliage...but just as easily wait and find the perfect tree as well. When I placed my bid...finding a tree later was my intentions all along. I just wanted to hoard this pot to myself. ;)

It did say Facebook and I noticed that. Not sure why I said ebay. Anyway, it would look nice with a wistaria in there when it flowers.

Dave

my Virginia creeper would look great in the pot :eek: Were do most people get there pots(LOL) I can't really find good stuff

Last edited:
Off every night; on every morning.

Can you remove it's battery...I had my phone glitching before...version had me remove the battery from my galaxy phone. That also helped. How full is your phones memory? My computer did that when it needed the cookies and history cleaned up. But...your dealing with a phone.

Back
Top Bottom