WTB bulk soil in NC

JoeR

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
My trees will start waking up in a month or two, so I'm trying to be prepared this year. Looking for a decent amount of Akadama, pumice, and lava. Pine bark, too.

I was thinking about reaching out to Triangle Bonsai Society or other clubs in state to see if anyone is looking for members to split pallets with. Whats the best way to get in touch with TBS? They have an email and FB it looks like. I also see first meeting is next Saturday with Hagedorn! Not a member but would love to join.

If anyone with TBS or NC clubs knows anything about soil splitting for this year, or who to contact with TBS, let me know!

Joe

WNC Bonsai

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Our club does a bulk buy from Bonsai Learning Center every year or two. A couple members drive down with a pickup and haul it back. Your idea of approaching the Triangle guys is good but you may just have to do a road trip one day. I haven’t heard anyhting about the Charlotte show this year but the Asheville show is planned, although I bet they end up having to delay again due to COVID.

JoeR

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Our club does a bulk buy from Bonsai Learning Center every year or two. A couple members drive down with a pickup and haul it back. Your idea of approaching the Triangle guys is good but you may just have to do a road trip one day. I haven’t heard anyhting about the Charlotte show this year but the Asheville show is planned, although I bet they end up having to delay again due to COVID.
Sorry, missed your post somehow!

I'm by no means afraid of a road trip, but as far as I've seen the BLC doesn't do bulk discounts? At least, not at the "bulk" quantity i need. I picked up some akadama at the learning center maybe 3 years ago, 40 a bag I want to say.

WNC Bonsai

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
If you are still out east, then what about the Cape Fear club or Pink Lady Bonai?

Top Bottom