Yama Beaver

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Ok, NOW I get it.
That spot where the two branches fuse just after extending from the trunk fascinates me, but it breaks so many aesthetic rules. I have no idea what to do with it, but I hate to see it go.

Frozentreehugger

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
The 2 branches do not fuse after they leave the trunk . I see why you thought so . My worry has always been the upper branch is exactly above the lower branch . I keep controlling it from apical domination . To. Gain strength in the lower . But considering I only have the 2 . I dare nit remove one

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
The 2 branches do not fuse after they leave the trunk . I see why you thought so . My worry has always been the upper branch is exactly above the lower branch . I keep controlling it from apical domination . To. Gain strength in the lower . But considering I only have the 2 . I dare nit remove one
Ah. It does look like it in a couple pics.

If you're assured of some decent back budding, it might be possible to slowly move one back so they're not mirroring each other.
Another option is to wire that top one vertically and allow it to become a continuation of the trunk.

Frozentreehugger

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
As interesting as the bark removal and the hollow at the base has made the first pic I still like the second pic as front . The live vein is visible up the left side then crosses over the deadwood . To form the 2 branches . The upper branch does go slightly to the rear after its initial parallel to the bottom. Branch start . The first section of the upper branch is surprisingly stiff . For such a small branch . I have not dared to attempt to move it . So far but yes it is the obvious . Living apex if I so decide . After it’s initial. Movement it could be bent or regrown . From its first bud . Also not real clear is the apex deadwood is actually 2 parts very close together .

Attachments

• 7730F4AB-E86C-4239-96E4-C726F4219499.jpeg
    7730F4AB-E86C-4239-96E4-C726F4219499.jpeg
    196.2 KB · Views: 14
  • C423B890-97E6-41DE-B4F6-2F2A6C6D5C06.jpeg
    C423B890-97E6-41DE-B4F6-2F2A6C6D5C06.jpeg
    217.6 KB · Views: 14

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Nicely done!

Are you considering propping for the first year or so after repot?.. to hold the angle while the roots grip?.. just curious. :)

I like the Color Of that rectangle.. but the tree strikes me as a *New York City Area Accent* "Hey! Needs a round-type pot, here!" -type of tree..

But that's just my 'pinion.

🤓

Frozentreehugger

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Don’t get what you mean by propping . The darker rectangle pot . Pic is deceiving pot is in front of tree on a 2x4 . Looks bigger in pic then it is . Not sure I can fit it in at this point .neither pot is a final choice . Just what I currently have . Initially I thought tree should be in rectangle . Some would suggest a round drum style pot . Not a super fan . The oval pit it is in currently . Grew on me as a shape over time . Softer then a pot with corners . My current idea is . A oval dark about the colour of the rectangle . That’s why I want to try it . See if I like the colour over time .

Top Bottom