12/31/23 Contest Ending Reminder

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Just a reminder - this contest will end at midnight 12/31/23 in your local time zone. If you wish to submit a final entry, do so by emailing a single image to me. Only a single image will be judged for each entrant.

@Walter Pall has graciously offered to be the judge of all entries. I will size all images so they are the same dimensions, and send them to Walter anonymously. Walter will choose the top three winners. His decision will be final :) Once he has judged, I will post all entries in a single thread so people can share in the fun.

Please do not update your individual threads with any photos between now and the end of the contest (just to protect anonymity). For the record, I will be submitting a tree, but I will be disbarred from winning an award.

Last edited:

Ryceman3

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Just a reminder - this contest will end at midnight 12/31/23 in your local time zone. If you wish to submit a final entry, do so by emailing a single image to me. Only a single image will be judged for each entrant.

@Walter Pall has graciously offered to be the judge of all entries. I will size all images so they are the same dimensions, and send them to Walter anonymously. Walter will choose the top three winners. His decision will be final :) Once he has judged, I will post all entries in a single thread so people can share in the fun.

Please do not update your individual threads with any photos between now and the end of the contest (just to protect anonymity). For the record, I will be submitting a tree, but I will be disbarred from winning an award.
Just confirming whether or not this is the case for southern hemisphere entries too??
We started 6 months behind you guys and I'm not sure just how "finished" my tree will look straight after decandling, but happy to go with the flow and post an entry with the same deadline as the northern hemisphere folk. It would be good to have all final submissions compiled into one thread!
Thanks again for putting this whole thing together and seeing it through to the end.
🍺👍

thomas22

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone

Looking forward to seeing everyone's trees. So cool of Walter Pall to Judge. I decided to enter one of my smallest pines in the batch which will be a shohin (I suspect many). I just wired it tonight and it is cute haha. It will not win but the contest has been good for me. I still have 25 pines left and decades of development left on these trees. My kids helped me plant the seeds, so they are a little invested in their development. Good luck everyone.

Ryceman3

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Just confirming whether or not this is the case for southern hemisphere entries too??
We started 6 months behind you guys and I'm not sure just how "finished" my tree will look straight after decandling, but happy to go with the flow and post an entry with the same deadline as the northern hemisphere folk. It would be good to have all final submissions compiled into one thread!
Thanks again for putting this whole thing together and seeing it through to the end.
🍺👍
Just bumping this @Bonsai Nut … not sure what I should be doing in terms of a submission. For the good of my tree’s development I have decandled but not that certain this makes for the best trees to photograph right now … should be looking pretty nice when autumn comes around though in a few months!
🍺

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Just bumping this @Bonsai Nut … not sure what I should be doing in terms of a submission. For the good of my tree’s development I have decandled but not that certain this makes for the best trees to photograph right now … should be looking pretty nice when autumn comes around though in a few months!
🍺
You will need to submit in six month's time - June 30, 2024. However I am not certain how many other participants we will have south of the equator.

Top Bottom