3 point display

Reaction score
After reading another post on display I would like to show this tryout of a 3 point display made a few weeks ago. I lack a table for under the zelkova at the moment. There are 2 options regarding the movement of the juniperus squamata both focussing on different elements.
Open for comments and thoughts.
IMG_20181111_085700.jpg
IMG_20181111_085836.jpg
IMG_20181111_101325.jpg

TomB

Omono
Reaction score
I think the movement of the Juniper works better with your second option.

Reaction score
I've displayed it some years now and letting the foliage be the guide. Still feels strange the other way around.

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
The small tree needs a stand. The stand for the juniper is too fancy and light. It doesn’t go with the juniper at all which is a rugged tree.

I’m also not enamored with the juniper’s pot. But especially with that stand, it feels off balance. It’s a round pot. It would work better with a round stand.

And, to be a “3 point display”, both the two primary trees should be about the same size.

You can use a shohin as an accent for a larger tree, but then you don’t need an “accent” plant as the shohin is the accent.

Reaction score
Thanks Adair. The pot is a training pot and I'm looking for a new pot for next spring. A round stand would be better. Good advice on the size of the trees, I'll dive deeper into presenting my trees.

Top Bottom