5 years smoke free!

Steve C

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Today is the 5 year anniversary of the day that I quit smoking cold turkey back on Good Friday of 2011. One of the wisest choices I have ever made in my life to date. Lungs and overall health today is just vastly better than I was 5 yrs ago!

petegreg

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Oh, I admire it. I've done it at least 100 times. But getting ready for the final decision, especially after bad news that's frightened my family recently. I'm happy to listen about the benefits, thank you. Is April the first a good date? ...to remember?

Steve C

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Oh, I admire it. I've done it at least 100 times. But getting ready for the final decision, especially after bad news that's frightened my family recently. I'm happy to listen about the benefits, thank you. Is April the first a good date? ...to remember?

Peter the benefits are huge. I will guarantee you if/when you decide to quit it will be one of the best decisions you will ever make. Back when I was a pack a day smoker I would cough all the time, lay in bed and wake myself up coughing till my chest hurt. I would get out of breath just walking 2 blocks, always felt out of energy and just felt bad overall. These days I mountain bike an average of 30 miles per week, hike in the woods, work out, have tons of energy, and can't even remember the last time I had a coughing spell. Not to mention in the past 5 years I've been able to put $12,000 into my hobbies I enjoy rather than watching it burn up in my hand.

Those are just some of the benefits. It's hard the first few weeks but once you get over that initial hump the rest is smooth sailing. These days I have zero urge to smoke and actually hate the smell of it now.

Steve

MauroUna

Sapling
Reaction score
Congrats Steve! That's a milestone!

I am now 3 months smoke free and feel better than ever!

Here's to living a better, healthier life!

Cheers!

Shima

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11A
Today is the 5 year anniversary of the day that I quit smoking cold turkey back on Good Friday of 2011. One of the wisest choices I have ever made in my life to date. Lungs and overall health today is just vastly better than I was 5 yrs ago!
Ohhh...I thought it was going to be how long you've had smoke on your ignore list. Oh well.:p

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'm working on 5 minutes here and it ain't pretty!!!!!!:p

Seriously, good for you. It's coming for me at some point, work is slow and I'm running outta' cash!!:D

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Congrats!
Tobacco is the most addictive substance I know of. I've been smoking for 45 years (yes, 45 years!), I tried to give it up several times, but just couldn't, even with the help of patches, gums, etc...
I'll try again.
Tomorrow ^^

carp

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Glory to you! Smoking kills. The power of Walter Christ Pall heals! "Trust in the Lord; trust also in me!"

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1458960123120.jpg
    FB_IMG_1458960123120.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 18

Jarath

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I am attempting to quit also, wish me luck. I was smoke free for 2 years and picked up smoking cigars.

petegreg

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Thank you Steve for strong encouragement.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5A

Congrats on the choice and the perseverance to stick with it. Solid work.

Eric Group

Masterpiece
Reaction score
I am at around... 15 years without a cig... Quit when I was about 21-22... I had been smoking for probably 5-6+ years at the time... Worst habit I ever picked up and I have delved into quite a few bad ones over the years! I just don't get the appeal... When I was 16, it was to be "cool", once I was over 21, drinking and smoking was becoming kind of boring... But I was hooked! Took me a while to get it done, but I progressively made myself sick of it! Anybody ever see Clockwork Orange where the main character gets negative association therapy to "cure" him of violent tendencies to the point where he became ill if he was to even think of something violent? I was able to pretty much condition myself the same way about cigarettes! Every time I smoked, I would just focus on the negatives- smell like smoke, making my teeth yellow, giving me CANCER, heart disease, all sorts of negative health issues... Waste of money and all that for... Something that didn't even get me drunk or high? WHY? Eventually I got to the point where if I am even around cigarettes I get a bit sick to my stomach! If I actually try to smoke a cig or cigar? I WILL throw up! I remember the day I started to lite up a cig, spit it out Took out the pack I had and tossed it in the trash. Never bought another one after that!

carp

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b

Attachments

• MEME2016-03-25-11-25-57.jpg
    MEME2016-03-25-11-25-57.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 10
Top Bottom