6 year JBP Contest!! seed question???

Reaction score
So I live in southern GA, I joined the JBP contest super late in the year I bought seeds from F.W. Schumacher and started a bunch a little over a month or so ago. maybe 2 months. none of the seeds have popped up yet. I didnt put them in a humidity tray, I was going to, I didnt buy it because I had so many pots laying around. I figured since it was warm outside, they wouldnt need it... They are in a planter thats 6''x2' I keep it lightly watered. do you think I failed or is there a possibility they might grow anyway? If they dont should I leave them outside for the winter? would I water in winter? Hoping they sprout soon... what should I do?

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
You wait.. That's about it.
Some seeds need stratification or at least some cold nights to pop up. But usually with JBP, it just takes some time.

I've sown close to 400 seeds a few months ago, and after every watering a few still sprout.
The ones I've sown 3 weeks ago, aren't doing anything yet. They might go dormant because of the heat, or they might just need some time.

Humidity trays.. I don't use them for pines. They stay wet for too long. That causes root rot and makes the flop over on their bellies to die a day later.

Top Bottom