A challenge for BigAl........

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Lets say I put this cookie cutter juniper up against your tree, I don't care what you want to post, anyting is fine and let the posters here decide which tree they would take if we shipped it to them free, deal ? Nothing special, just a juniper in a Dale Chocoy pot, I have better. Just to be fair, I didn't have anything to do with this tree, but buy it and let Marco style it, you on the other hand do all your own work, which I can appreciate.

keep it green,
Harry

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
It's not a popularity contest, it's about the trees and a difference of opinion, just for fun.

keep it green,
Harry

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Harry you don't read so good. You have to slow down and read all the words. I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN AN ADVOCATE OF COOKIE CUTTER TREES. I like them. I just found your post in the other thread a little ironic and just a little smarmy when you have a whole backyard full of cookie cutter trees styled by a man that makes cookie cutter trees.

I think they are wonderful, just simple.

I introduced a more Japanese asthetic to a tree that I felt was unbalenced and it did not take loang before someone said I simplified it (cookie cutter) made it look like all the rest. You came apart at the seams at my use of the term cookie cutter and have degraded to this.

Read it again.

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Harry you don't read so good. You have to slow down and read all the words. I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN AN ADVOCATE OF COOKIE CUTTER TREES. I like them. I just found your post in the other thread a little ironic and just a little smarmy when you have a whole backyard full of cookie cutter trees styled by a man that makes cookie cutter trees.

I think they are wonderful, just simple.

I introduced a more Japanese asthetic to a tree that I felt was unbalenced and it did not take loang before someone said I simplified it (cookie cutter) made it look like all the rest. You came apart at the seams at my use of the term cookie cutter and have degraded to this.

Read it again.

I'm not sure I appreciate the term smarmy, a little over the top for me, but hey call it like you see it. You're right, I think the term cookie cutter is just a little over used when describing Japanese styled trees, the term does irritate me, I think it's a little smarmy.

keep it green,
Harry

Main Entry: smarmy
Pronunciation: \ˈsmär-mē\
Function: adjective
Inflected Form(s): smarm·i·er; smarm·i·est
Etymology: smarm to gush, slobber
Date: 1924
1 : revealing or marked by a smug, ingratiating, or false earnestness <a tone of smarmy self-satisfaction — New Yorker>
2 : of low sleazy taste or quality <smarmy

Last edited:

october

Masterpiece
Reaction score
lol......Well, it appears there was a huge misunderstanding. However, I would like to see some of Al's trees...Don'e be shy Al..I love looking at all bonsai..regardless of the style or caliber.

Rob

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
I love looking a the pictures Al posts but WAY more than that I love reading the teaching that comes with his progressions. I have learned quite a lot from them. That is why I beg and plead with all of you to do more "how to's" and progressions with tips and so forth. Not to mention the species specific stuff like what we have seen with the Azalea threads. Very good stuff.

So everybody record what you know because 90% of you know more than me. *begs*

Top Bottom